If Kaguya-sama in a bikini can get someone banned from reddit, this could probably get me shot...

From Grimms Notes. A literal Saturday Morning cartoon. But swimsuits. :facepalm:

So my lovely wife told Alexa to play Happy Birthday in the kitchen while I was getting coffee. Since she wasn't there, she missed the fact that Alexa played this, an obscenity-laced rant about how this dude wishes this baby had never been born. :D So if you want to watch a guy curse out a baby for five minutes, here's your chance. (In the guy's defense, I don't know anything about the baby. Kid could be a real jerk for all I know.)

So my lovely wife told Alexa to play Happy Birthday in the kitchen while I was getting coffee. Since she wasn't there, she missed the fact that Alexa played this, an obscenity-laced rant about how this dude wishes this baby had never been born. :D So if you want to watch a guy curse out a baby for five minutes, here's your chance. (In the guy's defense, I don't know anything about the baby. Kid could be a real jerk for all I know.)
Hah, I knew it'd be Joyner Lucas before the video even loaded.

Yeah I don't know what that baby's problem was.

I had to go to the bank to deposit a check and there was a sign in there encouraging people to buy a house by showing how much you'd save vs renting. A reasonable idea, but the first line of their chart was showing your savings if your current monthly rent was $2500, and it only went up.

I know there are more expensive cities, but over here $2500 a month gets you a massive luxury apartment in the most desired part of town. I'm in a decently popular area in a relatively nice 2 bedroom for $975 (total). I dont think I could find an apartment for $8500 (the max value on the sheet) in the city if I tried.

I am always seeing those "You can save money by doing these simple things" columns.
We're already doing everything on the list, and more besides.
Who are the people who are doing none of these things and still surviving?

--Patrick

I had to go to the bank to deposit a check and there was a sign in there encouraging people to buy a house by showing how much you'd save vs renting. A reasonable idea, but the first line of their chart was showing your savings if your current monthly rent was $2500, and it only went up.

I know there are more expensive cities, but over here $2500 a month gets you a massive luxury apartment in the most desired part of town. I'm in a decently popular area in a relatively nice 2 bedroom for $975 (total). I dont think I could find an apartment for $8500 (the max value on the sheet) in the city if I tried.
Ha! And $2500/month around here gets you a small (700-900 sq. feet) two bedroom house. If you hop over to SF, that same amount gets you a spot in a two bedroom apartment with a roommate.

Just perusing, the only thing above 4K a month was a $5500 apartment that was really 3 separate apartments that they were willing to group together that was 12 total bedrooms.

GasBandit

Staff member
I e-mailed to follow up on the interview I did for that job with the city 2 weeks ago. They replied they've got a couple more interviews to do, then they'll make a decision.

I'm hoping they interpret this as "nice, he's interested and enthusiastic about wanting the job" and not "boy this annoying guy's giving me a rash, desperate much?"

I e-mailed to follow up on the interview I did for that job with the city 2 weeks ago. They replied they've got a couple more interviews to do, then they'll make a decision.

I'm hoping they interpret this as "nice, he's interested and enthusiastic about wanting the job" and not "boy this annoying guy's giving me a rash, desperate much?"
One email after two weeks does not come across as obnoxious and desperate.

I don't even make $2000 per month. My mortgage "only" cost me $300 per month. Our costs/ways of living are very different.

Speaking out of my poorly-informed ass here, but I think doing one follow-up after a few days is seen as acceptable (or even expected) in all hiring situations. It's that second e-mail or call that gets you weird looks.

Government hiring often takes a long time. I wouldn't say there's anything to be worried about here.

Oh no, the Texas version of Parks & Rec. I have concerns about Andy.

(Taken right before he shot himself in the foot. Don't ask how.)

"Which sign am I supposed to send to the Buffalo branch?"

"The one labeled New York, obviously."

"Which sign am I supposed to send to the Buffalo branch?"

"The one labeled New York, obviously."
But the bank is based out of Buffalo! We should come first!

In other randomness: back in my cheap/lazy/unhealthy days I would make this concoction of spaghetti mixed with paprika, garlic powder, cayenne, chili powder, soy sauce, and sriracha. It was absolutely disgusting but delicious. I haven't had it in well over a year.
But my god I'm craving it right now and have no way to alleviate it :(

But the bank is based out of Buffalo! We should come first!

In other randomness: back in my cheap/lazy/unhealthy days I would make this concoction of spaghetti mixed with paprika, garlic powder, cayenne, chili powder, soy sauce, and sriracha. It was absolutely disgusting but delicious. I haven't had it in well over a year.
But my god I'm craving it right now and have no way to alleviate it :(
Is the dish itself a no-go, or just the noodles? You could try something like shirataki noodles or spaghetti squash if your worry is along the calorie or carb line.

Is the dish itself a no-go, or just the noodles? You could try something like shirataki noodles or spaghetti squash if your worry is along the calorie or carb line.
It's really more that I literally can't make it this second due to being at work. I stopped eating it in general due to the health parts. I just don't know what brought on this sudden craving for it.