I just saw a rather cool-looking sports car on the streets of Taipei. It looked like a freaking race car. I know nothing about cars, so I couldn't tell you what car it was, but it made me really want to start playing GTA again.[DOUBLEPOST=1499146417,1499146080][/DOUBLEPOST]Upon further research, it was a Porsche 911 GT3 RS.
I'd have thought that would be common enough in Taipei.

I see them - sports cars done up with racing mods - occasionally in Toronto.

I'd have thought that would be common enough in Taipei.

I see them - sports cars done up with racing mods - occasionally in Toronto.
They might be. I'm not a car person or a very outdoorsy person, so I generally don't pay much attention even if a cool car drives past. It's just that this particular one had a funky paint scheme that made it look very much like a racecar, so the incongruity was enough to make me notice.

It was white with red stripes and kinda reminded me of Herbie.

fade

Staff member
They might be. I'm not a car person or a very outdoorsy person, so I generally don't pay much attention even if a cool car drives past. It's just that this particular one had a funky paint scheme that made it look very much like a racecar, so the incongruity was enough to make me notice.

It was white with red stripes and kinda reminded me of Herbie.
Oh, it was a big pretty white car with red stripes, curtains in the windows and wheels and it looked like a big Tylenol!

And I hate this shit:

What really infuriates me about that shit is sometimes I click on "something" my phone briefly flashes up a box the size and shape of the "something else" link around the "something" & THEN moves the "something" link down & the "something else" link into where the box flashed up. So you ADMIT that I actually pressed on the "something" & you still gave me "something else". Fuck. You.

I'm making a run for my brother's firework business. Nothing keeps you awake while driving like having 140 pounds of explosive material in your station wagon.
Part of my payment for the trip was some fireworks. I was supposed to hang out with a friend cook steaks and shoot fireworks. My friend did not return my call. I just did not think I'd get much joy from shooting all those expensive fireworks alone. I did set off the largest one in my front yard. Like I thought it just isn't as fun with out others around. So once my next door neighbors start shooting their fireworks, I walked over to their back yard and made my contribution.

Minor mistake, because the stuff I gave them is really good, and FUCKING LOUD! I actually flinched a couple of times, and I used to hang out at gun ranges.

Just had my first real 'bar' experience last night. And I can't stop laughing. I don't know this life. What is HAPPENING?

One of the guys my friend and I were playing pool with legit stood behind me and tried to help me. Like, fool, you're so drunk, go sit down, I got this shit.

GasBandit

Staff member
Just had my first real 'bar' experience last night. And I can't stop laughing. I don't know this life. What is HAPPENING?

One of the guys my friend and I were playing pool with legit stood behind me and tried to help me. Like, fool, you're so drunk, go sit down, I got this shit.
Methinks he just wanted an excuse to rub up on ya.

GasBandit

Staff member
EDIT: I'm also shocked that the whole 'here let me help you *SLIDES BEHIND YOU*' ploy is real. It's not just for movies apparently.
You have to remember a shocking number of people learn all their courtship rituals from pop culture. Just be glad they don't stand outside your bedroom window with a boombox over their head or something.

I respectfully disagree. I like having it there at the end of a long page.
Context, man. The bar itself is nice. It's behaviour ain't.

The bar doesn't start floating until after the page has fully loaded - and by that point I've already scrolled down to a link I want to click. It's when that's the moment the page finishes loading, and the bar starts floating and pushes the link down away from under my finger that's irritating.

Context, man. The bar itself is nice. It's behaviour ain't.

The bar doesn't start floating until after the page has fully loaded - and by that point I've already scrolled down to a link I want to click. It's when that's the moment the page finishes loading, and the bar starts floating and pushes the link down away from under my finger that's irritating.
Yeah, context. I use Tapatalk on my phone instead of the browser.

fade

Staff member
I don't understand Tapatalk. I tried it, and it was overall a far worse experience for me. Plus, I had to open a separate app.

I don't understand Tapatalk. I tried it, and it was overall a far worse experience for me. Plus, I had to open a separate app.
It used to be worse. There were separate regular and pro versions, and then separate iPhone and iPad versions of each of those. And then they forgot which was which, so the pro wasn't pro anymore.

Now I think it's all settled into one app.

Pokemon or Big Data?

Basically, you have to see if you can tell if a word is a term from the Big Data field (ie a type of technology or the name of a firm) or the name of a Pokemon.

As a Pokemon nerd, I got them all right on my first try, but I'll admit there were a few close calls.

Pokemon or Big Data?

Basically, you have to see if you can tell if a word is a term from the Big Data field (ie a type of technology or the name of a firm) or the name of a Pokemon.

As a Pokemon nerd, I got them all right on my first try, but I'll admit there were a few close calls.
The first thing it asked me was "Seahorse" which I was told got right, and that it was not to be confused with the pokeman named Horsea. Very next item it asks me to identify is Horsea :confused:

Now I'm trying to remember the name of the Jeopardy category that is all obvious answers. You know, the one where the clue is "Put your Hancock here is a reference to this founding father."

This G20 Summit is the worst thing after WW2 that ever happened to my city. Riots on the streets, people hating other people for either supporting the police or the protesters...

Luckily I am leaving for Italy tonight.

This G20 Summit is the worst thing after WW2 that ever happened to my city. Riots on the streets, people hating other people for either supporting the police or the protesters...

Luckily I am leaving for Italy tonight.
As a former Brussels inhabitant - you get used to it ;)

Enjoy the vacation!

GasBandit

Staff member
Well, you Americans can just hop on a plane and go to New York/LA/Houston/Florida. It's kind of similar :p
Not So Much Anymore. Flying has become a real pain in the ass. I'm not sure why Google voice recognition decided to capitalize every word of my first sentence in this post.