It's possible that the tag was put in place for an earlier version of the article that didn't have a death date (or the death was unsourced, in which case BLP applies due to caution if I recall correctly). What's the article?
Art Pollard. Race driver who died during time trials for the 1973 Indy 500. Someone BLP tagged it in August 2015, and the tag was there ever since until last night.

GasBandit

Staff member
Underling 1 is going to her little sister's 2nd grade "graduation" this afternoon.

So, naturally, when she told me, I had to re-enact the Incredibles. "It's not a graduation, it's psychotic! They keep finding new ways to celebrate mediocrity!"

Thankfully she's seen the movie and got the reference (and agrees with the dumbness of a 2nd grade graduation ceremony). :p

GasBandit

Staff member
I'm pretty sure my daughter could give @GasBandit a run for his money when it comes to rage inspired by video games.
I don't think it's fair that I'm the meterstick. Outside of Overwatch, and one or two Terrik-inspired outbursts in L4D that were completely understandable, I'm a model of cool, collected joviality when gaming. :D

I don't think it's fair that I'm the meterstick. Outside of Overwatch, and one or two Terrik-inspired outbursts in L4D that were completely understandable, I'm a model of cool, collected joviality when gaming. :D
When my daughter has bursts of rage, she puts your Overwatch tirades to shame. I had to send her to her room in front of her friend for swearing at me for three solid minutes.

GasBandit

Staff member
When my daughter has bursts of rage, she puts your Overwatch tirades to shame. I had to send her to her room in front of her friend for swearing at me for three solid minutes.
Not to completely undermine my previous point, but also, you guys only hear the stuff I say when I push the mic button :p

GasBandit

Staff member
You can't have it both ways Gas. :p
ACTUALLY I CAN

Because you can only measure me by what you've heard, it's unfair to use me as a meterstick, because I present myself as amiable! Even if I'm a toxic volcano off mic!

Alright, no, you're right, I can't have it both ways :p

Does she have a picture of R. Lee Ermey on her wall?

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
I just got an e-mail saying "click here to confirm resetting your password" from itorrents. I guess someone plugged in my e-mail address, got the password wrong, and clicked the password recovery button.

What kind of half-assed hacker wannabe thinks he's gonna get anywhere trying to do that? It's just sad.

I just got an e-mail saying "click here to confirm resetting your password" from itorrents. I guess someone plugged in my e-mail address, got the password wrong, and clicked the password recovery button.

What kind of half-assed hacker wannabe thinks he's gonna get anywhere trying to do that? It's just sad.
Poor GsaBandit. He'll never know why he suddenly couldn't log in.

--Patrick

Back when I played Neopets, a common scam (which, unfortunately, many young kids fell for) was "I have a hack for one million neopoints, all you have to do is change your password to <blah>." That would give the scammer easy access to your account, because they then knew your password. The Neopets staff started warning against this scam, so the scammers switched it up. "I have a hack for one million neopoints, all you have to do is change your Neopets contact email to million_NP_hack@hotmail.com." Because the scammer owned that email address, they'd be able to use the password recovery function to get your password.

So, one time a scammer tried pulling this trick on me. "Change your email and get one million neopoints."

"Ok, I changed it." (*ding* new password recovery email in my inbox)

"Are you sure you changed it?"

"I might have spelled it wrong, let me try again. Ok, I changed it." (*ding* another password recovery email in my inbox)

"It's not working."

"Yeah I'll say, I haven't gotten my million neopoints! Ok, I'll try it one more time. Ok, changed it." (*ding*)

This continued for about an hour until I got bored with the scammer. I think I got more than 10 password recovery emails that day.

GasBandit

Staff member
Damn, I think this is the first time Gas has left before me.
Well, if it's a consolation, I haven't actually LEFT yet, I've just taken care of everything I need to for the weekend, and have nothing left to do but answer the phone and wait for the front door timer to lock itself, since I sent the underlings home early for the 3-day.

GasBandit

Staff member
Today at work, I had to help a hispanic lady find music suitable for a soccer promotion our spanish language station is putting on.

I had to help her find soccer music.

Because she said "she don't know nothin' about" soccer.

And I do?!

Anyway I played it safe and told her to go with Ole Ole Ole.

Today at work, I had to help a hispanic lady find music suitable for a soccer promotion our spanish language station is putting on.

I had to help her find soccer music.

Because she said "she don't know nothin' about" soccer.

And I do?!

Anyway I played it safe and told her to go with Ole Ole Ole.
This isn't in Spanish, but I think it would otherwise suit her requirements:

fade

Staff member
Sitting in the dollar theater waiting for Logan to start. Stranger Things could use this place as a set. Also reminds me how much I prefer old style seating over stadium seating.

GasBandit

Staff member
I'm already beyond stadium seating. Our local Cinemark has the "movie experience" where not only is the seating elevation gradient as high as stadium, but the chairs are all recliners with footrests.

Of course, they sell out rather quickly...

I'm already beyond stadium seating. Our local Cinemark has the "movie experience" where not only is the seating elevation gradient as high as stadium, but the chairs are all recliners with footrests.

Of course, they sell out rather quickly...
The theater we go to basically has reclining loveseats. All 14 theaters in there.