I hate to admit this, but Domino's just reopened in St. Albert for the first time in like 15 years. I haven't eaten Domino's since my mom used to get my brothers and I the 3 on 3 special when she wouldn't be home for dinner.

I ordered a pizza. It was dirt cheap in comparison to Pizza Hut or Papa Johns or Pizza 73 or Little Caesar's or Panago or any of the other chains I am not remembering.

I, again, hate to admit this, but it was fucking good. Like, better than all the chains (except maybe Panago). If I want good pizza, I'd still rather have Royal or Capital or one of the other local joints, but they're all WAY more expensive than the 10 dollar medium feast pizza I got from Domino's.
Of the big 3 US/International pizza chains, theirs is the least salty, with the most consistently interesting choices of toppings and sauces, and their sides are pretty good too - especially some of their sandwiches. I only wish that a) my body didn't hate pizza and b) pizza didn't hate my body.

Man, send some of that good "Domino's" this way. Domino's pizzas here are still best used as a frisbee, spare tire or possibly Christmas decoration, but definitely not for eating.

Dave

Staff member
Man, send some of that good "Domino's" this way. Domino's pizzas here are still best used as a frisbee, spare tire or possibly Christmas decoration, but definitely not for eating.
When's the last time you had it?[DOUBLEPOST=1492008745,1492008632][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh wait. You're in Belgium, right? Maybe they only put the good Domino's in REAL countries. U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! (and apparently Canada! Canada! Canada!)

When's the last time you had it?[DOUBLEPOST=1492008745,1492008632][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh wait. You're in Belgium, right? Maybe they only put the good Domino's in REAL countries. U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! (and apparently Canada! Canada! Canada!)
Yeah, they probably figure between all of the actual Italian pizza places, even their new good one wouldn't stand a chance and those coming for crappy fatty food while wasted don't want the slightly improved version. :p

fade

Staff member
Yeah, they probably figure between all of the actual Italian pizza places, even their new good one wouldn't stand a chance and those coming for crappy fatty food while wasted don't want the slightly improved version. :p
I can tell you one thing, working in universities and companies full of expats from all over the world... they may complain about a lot of American things, but the one thing they seem to agree on is that American pizza is awesome. If we ever have pizza as a company, the line is huge.

I can tell you one thing, working in universities and companies full of expats from all over the world... they may complain about a lot of American things, but the one thing they seem to agree on is that American pizza is awesome. If we ever have pizza as a company, the line is huge.
I was joking, referencing back to the "Europeans are snobs who claim everything is better but we Americans aren't allowed to claim anything of ours is good, Rah Rah U-S-A-U-S-A" conversation a few days ago. Sheesh :p

Real Italian pizza is good, but I most definitely love me some American pizza, all styles. Not every type of pizza is great for every occasion, but in general pizza in the US is better than over here in Belgium.

fade

Staff member
I was joking, referencing back to the "Europeans are snobs who claim everything is better but we Americans aren't allowed to claim anything of ours is good, Rah Rah U-S-A-U-S-A" conversation a few days ago. Sheesh :p

Real Italian pizza is good, but I most definitely love me some American pizza, all styles. Not every type of pizza is great for every occasion, but in general pizza in the US is better than over here in Belgium.
I didn't take it as an attack. Just making conversation.

Still would've taken it. Radio said it was up to a $1000 right before they went to random selection. But they're not exactly a news team.
They offered vouchers not cash, which as I understand unless you, usually personally travel a lot, are pretty crappy.

fade

Staff member
They offered vouchers not cash, which as I understand unless you, usually personally travel a lot, are pretty crappy.
Well, sure. But that's a free flight to a lot of places. This used to actually be more common. I don't know why people are complaining about it now (other than the crappy customer support). I used to hear calls for volunteers all the time, and now it's rare. I asked about it, and I was told that they don't oversell as much these days thanks to better computer systems. My record was four for the price of one in the past. I only paid for the first ticket, and I got the next 3 by volunteering. I've even volunteered, gotten the reward, and then got placed back on the same flight in an open first class seat before. That was awesome.

My husband has volunteered for vouchers before when traveling for work, but every time they expired before we ever had the time/money/desire to use them.

Keep it in a sheathe. I mean, a sheathed sword is essentially a cane with a sword in it, right?
I needed it today. Super rude people at the drug store. I'm either invisible and people walk into me and/or nearly knock my cane out from underneath me or act like I'm gigantic. Or follow me in to a store to ask why I have a cane because I'm too young to need one.

OMG. I have pink hair. I can't be that hard to notice. And I'm not that gigantic that I need a dude to shout specifically to me to be aware that he needs me out of his way because he's coming through. And I agree that I'm too young to have the body of 90 year old, but here I am. I think I make 90 look good though at least :)

Maybe random people were always brutal but I never noticed until now.

So this arrived. Esterbrook SJ for scale...

Parker Quink and Sheaffer Skrip will dry in 10 seconds or less. Noodler's FPN Van Gogh Starry Night Blue? Will still smear after a freaking HOUR.

The Berning Red has shipped. It'll be interesting to see how it behaves on this paper.