Stupidly stayed up until 4 last (Fri) night.
Not content with that, stayed up Sat until 7:30 this morning.
BUT at least now I get to say my taxes are finally done. Seriously, I usually have 'em done before/during the first week of February, this year has been habitually unkind with my free time.

--Patrick

I monkeyed with the automatic titles a few months ago. Wierd thing is, you've way outranked the "contributor" rank, you should be "One of Us" at this point. Very odd.[DOUBLEPOST=1489766111,1489766069][/DOUBLEPOST]There, fixed it.
Finally! I've felt so left out. I am the forum bastard Bastian no longer!

GasBandit

Staff member
Bullshit. The dangleberry plant grows almost two meters high.

Maybe blueberries?
TIL: There is actually a real berry called a dangleberry (perhaps more commonly known as a huckleberry), and it's NOT just slang for tiny turd nuggets stuck to asshair.

So there's a girl who works at Starbucks I frequent for my writing sessions. I've been crushing on her for months. We've been friendly with each other and talked a little bit of small talk (writing, school, books, etc). But of course, being a barista, I wasn't sure if there was more there or if she was jut being friendly because I was a customer, regular or not.

Last week, she borrowed a copy of my second book. She did so because she'd "have something else to talk to you about!"

Today, when I went in to do some writing with my friend, she was there working on some school stuff. I immediately joked that I didn't recognize her without her uniform on. And, in fact, I asked if we could join her. She obliged and we wound up talking for over half an hour. Some time after she left, I got a friend request from her on Facebook.

Also after she left, I talked to a guy that also works there that I've had some good chats with. I asked if he knew if she was single. Not only did he say she was, but he said I should pursue it. He told me that when she's working, she's not the type to smile much...except when I'm there. And he joked with another co-worker while me and her talked that we looked really chummy, saying we'd make a cute couple.

So...I don't know. Maybe there's something there. Maybe I'm just fooling myself. I do know that she's really pretty, super smart (she's applying to do her Masters in History and considering going into Law). She's an avid reader. And...blargle! I'm smitten. Stupid hopeless romantic.

EDIT: Heh, I'm almost rolling my eyes at my own post. How many posts like this have I done over the years? Oh look, Nick's smitten again! Oh...he got turned down. Well, moving on. Oh look, Nick's smitten again!

Last edited:
So there's a girl who works at Starbucks I frequent for my writing sessions. I've been crushing on her for months. We've been friendly with each other and talked a little bit of small talk (writing, school, books, etc). But of course, being a barista, I wasn't sure if there was more there or if she was jut being friendly because I was a customer, regular or not.

Last week, she borrowed a copy of my second book. She did so because she'd "have something else to talk to you about!"

Today, when I went in to do some writing with my friend, she was there working on some school stuff. I immediately joked that I didn't recognize her without her uniform on. And, in fact, I asked if we could join her. She obliged and we wound up talking for over half an hour. Some time after she left, I got a friend request from her on Facebook.

Also after she left, I talked to a guy that also works there that I've had some good chats with. I asked if he knew if she was single. Not only did he say she was, but he said I should pursue it. He told me that when she's working, she's not the type to smile much...except when I'm there. And he joked with another co-worker while me and her talked that we looked really chummy, saying we'd make a cute couple.

So...I don't know. Maybe there's something there. Maybe I'm just fooling myself. I do know that she's really pretty, super smart (she's applying to do her Masters in History and considering going into Law). She's an avid reader. And...blargle! I'm smitten. Stupid hopeless romantic.

EDIT: Heh, I'm almost rolling my eyes at my own post. How many posts like this have I done over the years? Oh look, Nick's smitten again! Oh...he got turned down. Well, moving on. Oh look, Nick's smitten again!
Well, I for one say go for it. That part where you're smitten with each other? That's the most fun part, man!

Go for it, Nick. Given what you've said, she certainly seems interested.

Random thing at work: Walking by the circ desk at Skillman Library about 10 minutes ago, a Chinese girl in boots, a denim trenchcoat, grey and black lace boyshorts, and a sports bra.

You don't see that every day.

GasBandit

Staff member
When the lady on the other end of the speaker at the Sonic drive-thru can guess your order, Maybe one should admit if they are in a bit of a rut.

When the lady on the other end of the speaker at the Sonic drive-thru can guess your order, Maybe one should admit if they are in a bit of a rut.
That happened to me too, but I was "in-love" with the girl behind the counter. When I finally got the courage to ask her out she blurted that she was pregnant and ran in the back crying. I stopped going in after that. I miss that belly-buster burger.

What's your Sonic order?

Super sonic cheese burger, chili-cheese tater tots, and a route 44 root beer please - that was my go-to order when I did construction work. It was the only restaurant near our shop.

GasBandit

Staff member
That happened to me too, but I was "in-love" with the girl behind the counter. When I finally got the courage to ask her out she blurted that she was pregnant and ran in the back crying. I stopped going in after that. I miss that belly-buster burger.

What's your Sonic order?

Super sonic cheese burger, chili-cheese tater tots, and a route 44 root beer please - that was my go-to order when I did construction work. It was the only restaurant near our shop.
Number 3 (Super Sonic w/bacon) with tots and a Diet Coke, and a small triple chocolate blast hold the whipped cream.