I stopped bothering trying to clone from one computer to the next.

Embrace nothingness, Yoshi. You need for nothing. Also start keeping episodes/movies on external hard drives. But programs... just let them go with the old computer, and if it's something you REALLY need, you'll reinstall it when you do. Don't be a slave to your digital past.
^ This. Just raze it all to the ground and start over. It feels good.

I stopped bothering trying to clone from one computer to the next.

Embrace nothingness, Yoshi. You need for nothing. Also start keeping episodes/movies on external hard drives. But programs... just let them go with the old computer, and if it's something you REALLY need, you'll reinstall it when you do. Don't be a slave to your digital past.
That's what I do. I have a "reinstall" folder that has the software that I 100% know I'll want on a new machine, as well as the licensing keys for it. I haven't cloned a drive in years.

GasBandit

Staff member
That's what I do. I have a "reinstall" folder that has the software that I 100% know I'll want on a new machine, as well as the licensing keys for it. I haven't cloned a drive in years.
I don't even have that any more.

New computer.
Install Chrome.
Install Steam.
Install Ventrilo.

Anything else, install as required on first use. It'd probably end up being Adobe Audition/Premiere, OBS, VLC, maybe one or two other things.

Sigh, and I guess now I also have to remember to reinstall battle.net, GAHD.

At any rate, my point is, the vast majority of the software I'd reinstall comes from an online source anyway.

I don't even have that any more.

New computer.
Install Chrome.
Install Steam.
Install Ventrilo.

Anything else, install as required on first use. It'd probably end up being Adobe Audition/Premiere, OBS, VLC, maybe one or two other things.

Sigh, and I guess now I also have to remember to reinstall battle.net, GAHD.

At any rate, my point is, the vast majority of the software I'd reinstall comes from an online source anyway.
That's 90% of my upgrade plan, too. But I have a very small number of pieces of non-gaming software that I need on new machines that I can only get from the install CD's. So add VirtualCloneDrive to my list of reinstallables, (since I have all of those install CD's saved as .iso files), followed by, Finale (my music layout software), handbrake (since I have it set up exactly how I like it and new versions sometimes don't like old config files), and Quicken.

The list used to be a *lot* bigger, but game aggregators like Steam, and the ability to get most everything I use online these days has pared it down to a tiny fraction of what it was.

GasBandit

Staff member
Unrelated development -

I just moved up from Iron Glorious to Silver Glorious on Imgur.

I'd probably be Gold Glorious by now if not for my propensity to

Which always seems to get me downvotes but I never learn.

Is that a sincere or sarcastic thanks Obama? I don't really understand that quote.
Sarcastic, Obama has nothing to do with this. See Chapter 6-A of Volume 8-B for an up-to-date list. I'm subscribed to every type of communication USCIS sends out, so I spot things like this. Seemed like good Random fodder.

Chapter 7 is what actually annoys me about those rules, anyway (essentially, being diagnosed with depression, or any mental disease that leads to self-harm, is grounds for inadmissibility).[DOUBLEPOST=1478100866,1478100709][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'm guessing that @Denbrought suffers from all three, and is delighted that he can now be covered by Obamacare (Immigrant Edition)
Sadly my wife (and thus me) is liable for every penny of state/federal aid I receive, thanks to I-864 (Affidavit of Support). No government cheese for me, not for 7-ish years anyhow :)

Hey Glamour, about your "Women of the Year" list, I know it's your award & you get to set the rules, but there's a problem...No it's not Gwen Stefani being on the list that I have a problem with. I don't understand what she did to get on the list, other than bring out a new album & find herself a new man which somehow doesn't seem enough to be a "Woman of the Year" to me. But it's your list, you make the rules & if you think she deserves to be on there, I'll not argue with you...

Now, Bono on the other hand. Freaking Bono! Did it not occur to you that he's missing a fairly important qualification to be considered a "Woman of the Year"? Was there no-one else you considered to be more deserving of the award? Amongst the 3.5 billion women on the planet, you don't think there's at least 1 other woman more qualified than Bono? Really?

Hey Glamour, about your "Women of the Year" list, I know it's your award & you get to set the rules, but there's a problem...No it's not Gwen Stefani being on the list that I have a problem with. I don't understand what she did to get on the list, other than bring out a new album & find herself a new man which somehow doesn't seem enough to be a "Woman of the Year" to me. But it's your list, you make the rules & if you think she deserves to be on there, I'll not argue with you...

Now, Bono on the other hand. Freaking Bono! Did it not occur to you that he's missing a fairly important qualification to be considered a "Woman of the Year"? Was there no-one else you considered to be more deserving of the award? Amongst the 3.5 billion women on the planet, you don't think there's at least 1 other woman more qualified than Bono? Really?
You cisnormative shit. If they feel Bono might be a woman, who are you to disagree with their assessment of her gender?

/joking

They have a man of the year award, but I guess no one cares about it, so they had to give him a woman of the year award.

But they only got more press and publicity when they chose Caitlyn Jenner last year, so choosing another person specifically to engender controversy is simply par for the course.

But come on. This is Glamour Magazine. It's main mission is to provide women with the desire to buy expensive new clothes every year and tell them they aren't good enough unless they look good enough. Of course they throw in just enough human rights causes as they need to in order to offset the objectification of women they hand out in every issue, but are we really going to suggest this award is somehow meaningful to anyone but their audience?

I used to subscribe and I was always frustrated with how they would have stories about the dangers of eating disorders and sometimes heartbreaking interviews with women who suffered from them and then a few pages later, they would have a diet pill ad. This and for the most part, their models were all super tiny.

This was a while ago, maybe things have changed now.

Are you asking for the precise logical opposite or a word that means active during the day?
Word that means active during the day.

There's a person I know here in Taiwan who knows it, and I'm impressed they know it, and they're confused because they figure it should be fairly common knowledge. I, however, only ever learned "nocturnal" in school, and learned its opposite when I was much older and during my own independent reading. So I'm trying to determine exactly how impressed I should be.

Word that means active during the day.

There's a person I know here in Taiwan who knows it, and I'm impressed they know it, and they're confused because they figure it should be fairly common knowledge. I, however, only ever learned "nocturnal" in school, and learned its opposite when I was much older and during my own independent reading. So I'm trying to determine exactly how impressed I should be.
I can't recall it at the moment, but I know it exists.