On a more amusing car related note, my car is keyless, so when I had to swap cars with my husband today, because the only time the insurance inspection people had to check my car was on top of my dentist appointment, I just tossed my husband's car key in the passenger seat and then wondered why I couldn't find the start button. I have gone stupid.

GasBandit

Staff member
On a more amusing car related note, my car is keyless, so when I had to swap cars with my husband today, because the only time the insurance inspection people had to check my car was on top of my dentist appointment, I just tossed my husband's car key in the passenger seat and then wondered why I couldn't find the start button. I have gone stupid.
That reminds me of the girl I knew back in college whose family had never owned a fridge without an automatic icemaker, and was absolutely enthralled when I taught her how ice trays work. "You mean you just TWIST it and the ice falls out?! Doesn't it break the plastic?"

That reminds me of the girl I knew back in college whose family had never owned a fridge without an automatic icemaker, and was absolutely enthralled when I taught her how ice trays work. "You mean you just TWIST it and the ice falls out?! Doesn't it break the plastic?"
I mean, I have clearly used keys before, I am just so used to just getting in my car and pushing the button now. :p

fade

Staff member
Vincent Vega is the first Imgur trend I hope doesn't die soon. Some of them are pretty impressive.

GasBandit

Staff member
I should clarify, I know who Vincent Vega is, but not what's going on with Imgur.
On imgur, people get stuck on a meme for a few months. They put dickbutt in every picture. Or for a couple months, almost every picture had Javert peeking through a door in it. The most recent one is editing in the "vincent vega looking around in confusion" thing in every gif and calling it things like "MRW (something confusing happens)."

Groupthink and herd mentality thrives on Imgur's front page.

fade

Staff member
I should clarify, I know who Vincent Vega is, but not what's going on with Imgur.
There's this trend, or meme I guess, of inserting the scene of him holding a coat over his arm and looking around into various situations. I'll bet there's a gallery of them collected on imgur.

Here's a dump of them:
http://imgur.com/gallery/9cFpo[DOUBLEPOST=1448999720,1448999592][/DOUBLEPOST]
On imgur, people get stuck on a meme for a few months. They put dickbutt in every picture. Or for a couple months, almost every picture had Javert peeking through a door in it. The most recent one is editing in the "vincent vega looking around in confusion" thing in every gif and calling it things like "MRW (something confusing happens)."

Groupthink and herd mentality thrives on Imgur's front page.
Yeah, usually they're stupid, but I find the Vincent Vega ones to at least technically well done compared to the previous trends. Then again, that could just be down to good masking on the source video.

GasBandit

Staff member
Yeah, usually they're stupid, but I find the Vincent Vega ones to at least technically well done compared to the previous trends. Then again, that could just be down to good masking on the source video.
Yeah, right when the Vincent Vega thing started, somebody posted a green-masked gif of him suitable for importing into premiere or aftereffects, which really made it accessible for people to go wild with.

GasBandit

Staff member
A while back I googled the first girl I had a crush on, too, in high school. It's like she fell off the face of the earth, couldn't find a trace of her. And she had a very uncommon last name, too.

So I googled the second girl I had a crush on. She was a little easier to find. She married somebody else who was also in our high school graduating class, and they moved to Vermont. Had a couple kids. I thought it kind of interesting they got married, they barely ever even spoke to each other in high school and went to completely different colleges. I guess they just reconnected somewhere after that. They seem to be doing ok.

Last edited:
I didn't have to google an ex from high school. A couple years ago the recovery of her body from the river and subsequent discovery of the suicide note made the regional paper.

I just googled some chick I knew way back in high school. Saw pictures of her on vacation in the Caribbean. She's still using her maiden name. So yeah. Maybe I'll contact her.