Wait wait wait, we have a hentai thread?

Also, I've never once experienced a runner's high. I cannot for the life of me comprehend the pleasure in exercise. To me, it's all aching muscles and shortness of breath, without any noticeable payoff.

GasBandit

Staff member
Wait wait wait, we have a hentai thread?
Aw shit, cat's out of the bag now.

You boob, I'm talking about the Halforums Academy thread. You know, where you murdered Terrik?

Whew. Thank goodness I didn't absentmindedly let slip the existence of the cybersex orgy chat.

Aw shit, cat's out of the bag now.

You boob, I'm talking about the Halforums Academy thread. You know, where you murdered Terrik?

Whew. Thank goodness I didn't absentmindedly let slip the existence of the cybersex orgy chat.
Oh that. I haven't clicked on it for a while. :p

bhamv3 said:
Wait wait wait, we have a hentai thread? Also, I've never once experienced a runner's high. I cannot for the life of me comprehend the pleasure in exercise. To me, it's all aching muscles and shortness of breath, without any noticeable payoff.
I felt the same way and then I found roller derby. ;)

It's all about finding the right thing to motivate you. As far as I'm concerned, running can go die. But I can skate people into the ground! (Or you know, hip check them)

The bad news: one of my twin cousins is getting into shitty Twilight-inspired YA novels.

The good news: we're getting her the Cthulhu parody by Nostalgia Chick and co for Christmas, and considering the reviews, my cousin likely won't be able to tell it's not the real deal.

GasBandit

Staff member
Fun Halforums history fact. The earliest post currently on the system is numbered 523655 in thread 16161, which is the first post of the "Motivational Poster" thread by Vagabond (now residing in the Hall of Meh). I was kind of surprised that the thread and post numbering system didn't start from "1."

Naturally, the date of this post is November 26th, 2008 at 10:46pm central US time, the first post made after the infamous Thanksgiving Halfpixel Holocaust.

Incidentally, this post is post number 1089607, which makes it the 565,952nd post on Halforums.com.

The 500,000th post milestone was a post made by Calleja in the "How to Properly Eat a Burger" thread on January 5th, 2013.

Last edited:

GasBandit

Staff member
Hm, I am curious about why now
This is all pure conjecture on my part, but at the time I believe there was still some hope being held out that Straub would provide a database dump of the old Halfpixel forum data for Dave to incorporate into the forum here. So Dave needed to leave room in the new database table for the old data, and had to pick arbitrary numbers for the new data to start that wouldn't overlap with old data if it was to be easily imported. Note the pattern of the numbers: 523655 are all right next to each other in a clump on the keypad and could be randomly tapped out very fast using only two fingers, and 16161 is in a similar configuration. My guess is they were both just high-value random stabbings of numbers on a keypad to leave room for the Halfpixel data. Of course, that didn't work out, so now there's just nothing earlier than those numbers.

Of course this is all just a wild guess in the dark, and only @Dave knows for sure where those numbers come from.

This is all pure conjecture on my part, but at the time I believe there was still some hope being held out that Straub would provide a database dump of the old Halfpixel forum data for Dave to incorporate into the forum here. So Dave needed to leave room in the new database table for the old data, and had to pick arbitrary numbers for the new data to start that wouldn't overlap with old data if it was to be easily imported. Note the pattern of the numbers: 523655 are all right next to each other in a clump on the keypad and could be randomly tapped out very fast using only two fingers, and 16161 is in a similar configuration. My guess is they were both just high-value random stabbings of numbers on a keypad to leave room for the Halfpixel data. Of course, that didn't work out, so now there's just nothing earlier than those numbers.

Of course this is all just a wild guess in the dark, and only @Dave knows for sure where those numbers come from.
I enjoy that bit of inductive reasoning... I was trying to see some sort of pattern, I didn't think about just a pragmatic handful of numbers on the numpad

Fun Halforums history fact. The earliest post currently on the system is numbered 523655 in thread 16161, which is the first post of the "Motivational Poster" thread by Vagabond (now residing in the Hall of Meh). I was kind of surprised that the thread and post numbering system didn't start from "1."

Naturally, the date of this post is November 26th, 2008 at 10:46pm central US time, the first post made after the infamous Thanksgiving Halfpixel Holocaust.

Incidentally, this post is post number 1089607, which makes it the 565,952nd post on Halforums.com.

The 500,000th post milestone was a post made by Calleja in the "How to Properly Eat a Burger" thread on January 5th, 2013.
This is probably the first post where I'm certain the "Informative" button was not used sarcastically and those who hit it felt genuinely interested in what the poster said.

GasBandit

Staff member
You guys remember me griping about my battery backup UPS a week or two ago? Well, I plugged it directly into the wall, took everything EXCEPT the actual computer off it (not even the monitor is on it), and now not only does it squeal in TF2, but in Rift as well (had a wild hair to try it since it is free). I'm convinced this is just a shitty UPS and I'm going to have to get one and spend $80+ like I should have the first time around.