I can see why it failed, being a product that is trying to relate to the current generation is a tricky business. Do it right you get Clerks, do it wrong and you get Juno. I know those were movies, but it still applies. Nostalgia is a much easier business venture, just continue an old media franchise be it sequel or reboot you'll have a bunch of old fans CLAMORING towards it.

I BUILT THIS CITY

ON ROCK AND ROOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL[DOUBLEPOST=1369367145][/DOUBLEPOST]tHIS IS THE GREATEST PLAYLIST

OF ALL TIME

FUCK OFF KANYE

WGHAT DO YOU MEAN I HAVE TO WAIT FIVE SECONDS TO POST THIS

First picture is to grainy.What happened?
The semi-truck in the grainy picture was too big for the bridge, struck the steel support structure, and collapsed a major freeway bridge into the river, cutting the main traffic route between Seattle and Canada just before a major holiday weekend, and causing what is certain to be a major shipping headache for a lot of people, as all traffic will have to be detoured onto surface streets in a small town and/or across a smaller, less structurally sound bridge.

House-sitting this weekend. They have 3 dogs. Two of them are mostly fine but one of them isn't really house trained. Obnoxiously so. I have to take him out once every hour and a half in case he has to go to the bathroom. I take him out. I keep him outside for 15 minutes. He doesn't go. I open the door, and he runs into the house and starts peeing on 2 different carpets.

I had no idea the sire was back up. Guess I may have to clear my cache and delete cookies, cause just "halforums.com" still redirects me to nihsen.com.

House-sitting this weekend. They have 3 dogs. Two of them are mostly fine but one of them isn't really house trained. Obnoxiously so. I have to take him out once every hour and a half in case he has to go to the bathroom. I take him out. I keep him outside for 15 minutes. He doesn't go. I open the door, and he runs into the house and starts peeing on 2 different carpets.
THOSE ARE MY CARPETS BACK OFF

--Patrick
(seriously, it might be a territory thing)

Possible. Hes a former puppy mill dog so I think they just had him pee wherever he was.

And the typing of this post was interrupted because he peed again

Because of the "time to kill" syndrome, combined with the "songs I like and I'm not ashamed" thread, I've been surfing around Youtube. Then I went and had a look at my recetn history (20 last videos, 50 last videos, etc). Good lord, if YT or Google tries to make a profile out of that, I think it must be quitely weeping for my taste :p

That aside, I noticed something. "Hit me baby one more time" and "Genie in a bottle" came out at roughly the same time (late '99-beginning 2000). At the time, I much preferred Genie in a Bottle, and I thought Aguilera looked better than Britney, too. I just watched those two back to back, and, obviously ignoring what happened with both afterwards and whatever, I have to say, I now think "Hit me baby" is not only the better-made plastic pop song, I think the Britney from back then looks better than the Christina from back in the day.

...What, it's "random crap" :p

I, Emrys Meraede, Queen of the Doomweasels, am listening to my old fogey music and waltzing with a doomie.

:notes:I looked out this morning and the sun was gone
Turned on some music to start my day
I lost myself in a familiar song
I closed my eyes and I slipped away :notes:

Whee!

I sometimes wonder if "Dueling Banjos" is the school song for one of the High Schools here in the county.

"North of Sixty-Four, South of Mason-Dixon."

Today I thought of something interesting.

I'm not much of a creative writer, but there are some things I'm better at than others, namely fantasy fiction with strong emphasis put on interactions between characters.

If I were to come up with a good story though, would I run a D&D campaign based on it, or would I write/draw a webcomic based on it? These things don't exactly grow on trees.

Today I thought of something interesting.

I'm not much of a creative writer, but there are some things I'm better at than others, namely fantasy fiction with strong emphasis put on interactions between characters.

If I were to come up with a good story though, would I run a D&D campaign based on it, or would I write/draw a webcomic based on it? These things don't exactly grow on trees.
Are these things mutually exclusive?

Are these things mutually exclusive?
Eh, sorta.

I wouldn't necessarily want a campaign to be "spoiled" by an existing work of fiction, nor would I want to populate a comic with my players' ideas of good characters. :p No offense to 'em of course, but one guy plays all of his characters super chaotic, one guy always plays himself, and another always plays Super Kill Guy.

Eh, sorta.

I wouldn't necessarily want a campaign to be "spoiled" by an existing work of fiction, nor would I want to populate a comic with my players' ideas of good characters. :p No offense to 'em of course, but one guy plays all of his characters super chaotic, one guy always plays himself, and another always plays Super Kill Guy.
Well they don't have to be the same either, I guess is what I meant. Like, both could have the same set-up, but the campaign takes whatever path your players go down, meanwhile the comic follows the plot and characters you have constructed. Some overlap, sure, but distinct.

Have you thought about writing/drawing a webcomic based on the life and times of some D&D characters and how they are forced to act out the wishes of their players, for good or ill?

--Patrick

fade

Staff member
And you could have some guy with one horn who chases them around, and you could appear in the webcomic as an ersatz Yoda.

GasBandit

Staff member
Seriously though, if you haven't, you guys might like reading Mogworld, by Yahtzee. To spoil a minor plot point,

"players" are interpreted in-world as a disease that seems to infect only the most competent and powerful adventurers, rendering them largely incomprehensible and oddly focused on combat and treasure

Thing:

My birthday is on July 9th. I'll be doing something for it on July 13th, the following Saturday.

Everyone here is invited. PM me for details. :)