Maybe not, but it's the same type of gadgets/extras you get these days in collector's editions and special editions - and people still seem to be buying these. I do understand up to a point: if you had a "budget" edition which is just a bare disc, a "normal" edition with a paper manual and one or two extras, and a "collector's" edition with everything, the middle one would probably sell worst of the three. It's the one I'd prefer these days, but back when I played more games, I'd probably have had to go for the first.....Eh.

GasBandit

Staff member
It's hard to tell the difference between real and fake irritation in the forum since we do pass insulting jokes back and forth. This response should work pretty well, but PMs to individuals that continue will help draw a line, and few people here want to inflict real pain.
Obviously I have been slacking. :mad:

But I don't do easy targets. Verbally lambasting someone who just had to put down a pet is like using an excercise bike without a resistance belt. Usually just ends up being a lot of useless flailing about without any real accomplishment.

Was supposed to see an old friend today but she cancelled without explanation. Had dinner with my mother instead. Good talk. Plus, I didn't have to pay!

Watch it, Gas, I might start taking a liking to you. ;)

Seriously - I have that one line in my signature for a reason, kids. There are real human beings behind these screen names.

Watch it, Gas, I might start taking a liking to you. ;)

Seriously - I have that one line in my signature for a reason, kids. There are real human beings behind these screen names.

Is it me? I've seen you refer to your sig a few times now, but as far as I can tell, you don't have a signature on :p And I can see other people's just fine....

fade

Staff member
I don't see signatures--I'm on XenMinimal. I figured "this is my disapproval face" was playing along.

Pfah, I have absolutely no empirical evidence any of you actually exist.
The Universe:

Population: None

It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Therefore, there most be a finite number of inhabited worlds. And finite number divided by infinity is as near to nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any person you may meet from time to time are merely the products of a deranged imagination.

GasBandit

Staff member
The Universe:

Population: None

It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Therefore, there most be a finite number of inhabited worlds. And finite number divided by infinity is as near to nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any person you may meet from time to time are merely the products of a deranged imagination.
Actually there's a flaw from a bad assumption in that statement.. not every one of them is inhabited, so only a fraction of infinite worlds are inhabited... a fraction of infinity is still infinity.

/buzzkill

Actually there's a flaw from a bad assumption in that statement.. not every one of them is inhabited, so only a fraction of infinite worlds are inhabited... a fraction of infinity is still infinity.

/buzzkill
Also just because there's infinite space, does not mean there's an infinite number worlds.

I have been singing to myself lately, but not songs, just singing narration of my life. Yesterday's hit was "Butt itch, butt itch, I hate butt itch," this morning my lyrical masterpiece goes as follows, sing it with me now, "Fixing other people's mistakes because they sucked at their joooooooob, so glad they're not here to cause more damage."

Unless they are producing a similar wool hat, I don't see how they can do this. It's unlikely they produced it for the show specifically, so if they bought it somewhere then it's unlikely they have any standing.

GasBandit

Staff member
I am convinced that Futurama's depiction of the upper echelons of the Fox, excuse me, Box network is directly accurate.

figmentPez

Staff member
Unless they are producing a similar wool hat, I don't see how they can do this. It's unlikely they produced it for the show specifically, so if they bought it somewhere then it's unlikely they have any standing.
I'm guessing they're not suing the hat itself, but the hat being listed as "Jayne's hat from Firefly". If they sold it as "Wool hat for gun loving space criminal" then Fox might not be able to sue, but then fans would have a harder time finding the product as well.

GasBandit

Staff member
Did my taxes today. $4 refund. Damn. So close. Last year I had to pay 1 dollar. Every year I aim for exactly $0. But I'd rather owe than be getting a refund. Razzafraggin no-interest loans to the gubmint...

Good news: Arjen Lucassen's putting out a new album this year and it'll be an Ayreon project!

Bad news: No one but me cares about this.
Not so! I haven't listened to Ayreon in about ten years, but I think I burned a hole in my Human Equation disc. Being too lazy to actually go look, how is their more recent stuff? Any interesting guests?

"We didn't and still don't give a shit about the show, but FUCK YOUR WOOLS HATS BECAUSE WE CAN!"
The article explains exactly why they're doing it.

Someone (great gorram I wish I knew who) reported independent shops to Ripple Junction. As an official license holder, once Ripple Junction was made aware of these shops they must, by contract, report them. FOX legal department, in doing their job which they should (because lets face it they have artists to protect too), sends Etsy the legal notification. The closed shops are the ones specifically brought to the attention of Ripple Junction. The other C&Ds Etsy is issuing are the “we are covering our butts” warnings.

Last night my husband and I got into a discussion with our son about why people believe in absurd things. I used the dihydrogen monoxide hoax as an example. Today when I picked him up from school he said he had told his friends about how people believed water was bad because someone called it by a chemical name. He is so weird and I have never been more proud.

figmentPez

Staff member
At least once a week, if not more often, I wish I had a "hugs" or "brofist" button on other sites like Twitter and Tumblr. I love the flexibility of the Halforums rating system.

fade

Staff member
I'm guessing they're not suing the hat itself, but the hat being listed as "Jayne's hat from Firefly". If they sold it as "Wool hat for gun loving space criminal" then Fox might not be able to sue, but then fans would have a harder time finding the product as well.
Gun-loving Space Criminal is now the name of my fictional band.

You just explained the problem everyone has with every patent troll, ever.

--Patrick

I oftentimes address someone by a nickname so much that I forget that they have an actual name. And then I wonder if I confuse people because I use people's nicknames in conversation.

I think I may be a bigger fan of nicknames than most.

I oftentimes address someone by a nickname so much that I forget that they have an actual name. And then I wonder if I confuse people because I use people's nicknames in conversation.

I have a good friend who has nicknames for all of her friends, some of them even have multiple nicknames. I have become a master at figuring out who's who when she talks, even when she jumps between nicknames for the same person in a single sentence.

I have nicknames for a lot of people here, whether I actually use them or not. Seej and Juice are the ones that stuck. But I also still really like L-Kagz.

I don't think I've called anyone in my personal circle by their real name in years. I also don't use nicknames that others use, I seem to create my for some reason. It's weird, I don't even ask or do it on purpose. I don't even notice it till months later when I realize what I'm calling them. Ex: I had a friend named Brent, and I shortened it to just -B- by the end of 2-3 months and have called him that ever since for years. A friend named Elida is now -Elly-. A friend named Elizabeth is now -Kitty- etc.