God damn.

How do I cosplay? I'm lost.

Also, I need to crash diet or something to make a cosplay look good...so why am I even considering it?
We need a support system. My wife wants to take me to Emerald City Comic Con in cosplay for March and I just don't even know where to begin.

Late to the party, but...

My ringtone is set to silence. Kati has a custom setting that plays the generic standard ringtone when she calls.
This way I always know it's her and I don't care about anyone else anyway.
I will experiment more with ringtones when I get a phone that is more customizable.

--Patrick

fade

Staff member
I just wanted to share this: http://wvs.topleftpixel.com/

This person takes photos around Toronto, and he (or she--never checked) is one of the best photographers I follow in my newsreader.

Mouseover gives EXIF info, like camera, shutter, aperture, and ISO.

At first I was doubtfull,salty caramelized almonds and chocolate? That wont work,but oh my,does it ever.Sadly I got it at the duty-free shop on the way to Denmark.I don`t know where to get some here in Germany.If I do,I might send you a bar,if you cant get it stateside.

fade

Staff member
Wonder if I could combine some tint film, an Arduino or Raspberry Pi, a lens, and one of those pocket projectors they sell at brookstone in the mall to make a HUD for my Jeep...

I just got sent an invite for a meeting with my boss in an hour and even though there is no evidence that there is anything to be worried about I am panicking. I keep telling myself that I haven't done anything wrong and that I have nothing to worry about and yet my mind won't stop with these doom and gloom theories. It is times like this that I really hate being so paranoid. There has been times it has come in handy but at moments like this it does nothing but cause me worry for (probably) no reason.

God damn.

How do I cosplay? I'm lost.

Also, I need to crash diet or something to make a cosplay look good...so why am I even considering it?
I also volunteer my expertise as a critic and lover of the cosplay, if you would like it, I have seen pleanty of totally awesome people as yourself pull of amazing cosplay.

I might have called a swat team to his house spoofing your cellphone number.

Just a prank though.

Let me know how the meeting goes, though!

The meeting went fine.

Apparently there was an altercation a month or so ago with a few employee during a meeting and my boss was just looking for details on what had transpired. So like usual I was just freaking myself out for no reason. :)

I know it's silly, but I am seriously having the best time watching all of the old Disney/Don Bluth movies on netflix. I'm trying to slowly gather them all on DVD, but money is not always on my side, so it makes me so happy that I can still watch them. So much of my childhood media exposure was just Disney movies. Oh, memories. :)

I know it's silly, but I am seriously having the best time watching all of the old Disney/Don Bluth movies on netflix. I'm trying to slowly gather them all on DVD, but money is not always on my side, so it makes me so happy that I can still watch them. So much of my childhood media exposure was just Disney movies. Oh, memories. :)
I almost watched All Dogs Go To Heaven the other night, but my heart can't take it. I watched the ending and seriously almost started bawling like a baby. Reminds me of my doberman getting put down and leaving his best friend (our doxin, just like the movie) behind in our care. Hell, I'm getting misty just thinking about it now. I'm such a baby.

I almost watched All Dogs Go To Heaven the other night, but my heart can't take it. I watched the ending and seriously almost started bawling like a baby. Reminds me of my doberman getting put down and leaving his best friend (our doxin, just like the movie) behind in our care. Hell, I'm getting misty just thinking about it now. I'm such a baby.
Me tooooo....I actually can't watch the 1st All Dogs Go to Heaven, because it makes me cry so much - especially knowing what happened to the voice actress of Anne-Marie. So...Yes, I've skipped watching that one. My weepy eyes can't take it. But I'll watch the second one!

I'm sitting here pondering watching the Aristocats myself. Never seen it, but I love cats. I am scared it will have some kind of sad part to it and I am just not in the mood for that.

I was expecting something VERY different with The Aristocrats than what I saw, considering all the jokes I'd been hearing about them... Gilbert Gottfreid is a liar!

Do you ever have those moments where you take a step back and think 'If someone stepped into this situation right now they'd be all 'Wait..what?'...

I'm having one of those...

Random story time. So...for a really long time I've wanted to do a 'heritage' photoshoot with vintage outfits. And since my heritage is German, I'm talkin lederhosen and with the hat and all, just, I think it would be hilarious and awesome. Because of this, I'm watching a bunch of lederhosen on ebay and I wondered what somebody, not knowing my intentions, if they saw me watching all of those things, would think. I'm updating my watch list, so..the thought just came to me.

But come on, how awesome would that be! Come to me lederhosen.

Oh my landlord, those boobs are just..wow.

But seriously, I could do that! I have the top, the thigh highs, the wig. Lederhosen, get in my closet!

Oh my landlord, those boobs are just..wow.

But seriously, I could do that! I have the top, the thigh highs, the wig. Lederhosen, get in my closet!
She (and others) consider herself to be fat and I'm not exactly sure why... maybe in comparison to Mecha Maid (who's waifish) and Spinnerette (who's atheletic but still really skinny), but she's not that bad. Her powers require her to have significant gelial tissue (which means she needs to keep her weight up) but I dunno where "fat" comes from. It IS implied she uses her powers for... err... "support" though.

And if you think she's ridiculous, you should see Super MILF from the same universe. Shockingly, Spinnerette isn't that that fetishy as a comic.

She could serve me a flagon of ale any time.

I like my women like I like my BBQ sauce, thick and sassy...

Might be why I am marrying a German woman this time around...

fade

Staff member
Sometimes I feel like the only person alive who didn't go nuts for Tangled. I mean, it's entertaining enough, and I'll watch it with my kids, but I just don't think it stands out at all from the crowd. Seems like stock story, stock characters, stock animal sidekick, stock music. Before the "fade doesn't like it" stuff starts, I did like it, I just don't get the gaga.

I can hear you Fade, for the most I enjoyed it, but it was just... another Princess movie. It had some good songs, and showed one way that Rapunzel could deal with her hair. But the part of the movie that really stands out for me is the manic swapping between joy and terror about being out of her tower. I think that they did a great job with that scene.

She (and others) consider herself to be fat and I'm not exactly sure why... maybe in comparison to Mecha Maid (who's waifish) and Spinnerette (who's atheletic but still really skinny), but she's not that bad. Her powers require her to have significant gelial tissue (which means she needs to keep her weight up) but I dunno where "fat" comes from. It IS implied she uses her powers for... err... "support" though.

And if you think she's ridiculous, you should see Super MILF from the same universe. Shockingly, Spinnerette isn't that that fetishy as a comic.
Yeah, that's what Pez was telling me. *shrug* I dunno, I don't think she's fat, she just has enormous boobs and she's certaintly curvy, but I don't see anything wrong with that.

As for going nuts about Tangled...I think part of it is the artist in me geeking out. It was the last movie Glen Keane (my favorite Disney artist) worked on before retiring. (And yes, I know he helped with Paperman, but not in the actual animation.) I love that they actually animated Tangled with traditional animation before rendering it in to 3D. It makes the animation more fluid and special to me, it has the little details that remind me it was hand drawn first. I'll agree that the story is pretty stock, the songs are fine just like all Disney songs, but dat animation. Mm-hmm!

I don't think its' the be-all-end-all but it's definitely a feel-good Disney story overall and that's what the "OP" said they were looking for.

I can hear you Fade, for the most I enjoyed it, but it was just... another Princess movie. It had some good songs, and showed one way that Rapunzel could deal with her hair. But the part of the movie that really stands out for me is the manic swapping between joy and terror about being out of her tower. I think that they did a great job with that scene.
I think the reason I liked it so much over other Disney princess movies that I've seen is that it didn't have the "my life is not complete without a man/I must marry a prince" feeling to it. Yes, Rapunzel fell in love with Flynn, but it wasn't love at first sight. And while he rescued her from Mother Gothel's tower Rapunzel also could hold her own once she was out in the world. I didn't feel like she was entirely dependent on Flynn through the whole movie.

I love that they actually animated Tangled with traditional animation before rendering it in to 3D. It makes the animation more fluid and special to me, it has the little details that remind me it was hand drawn first. I'll agree that the story is pretty stock, the songs are fine just like all Disney songs, but dat animation. Mm-hmm!
I'd be more excited about this if the reason why it was re-animated wasn't to cash in on CG. Tangled was supposed to be a classically animated movie and was well into production before Disney totally shifted the art direction in favor of computer animation when The Princess and the Frog bombed commercially. They thought it would be more profitable as a CG movie.