A friend of mine is a HUGE Hanson fan, so I already knew that.
Yes, they are still around, still producing music and touring, and still have fans. That's the part that is much more shocking to me.

So I did. Yes, yes I suppose that would make you a few years younger than me.
I dunno, I guess it's sort of how I still view my sister as being 16 and my brother as 12 even though they're 29 and 21. Even if logically it makes no sense, my brain just imposes a completely different age on you.

I'm also now thinking this may have come up once before on the Halfpixel board.

fade

Staff member
So I did. Yes, yes I suppose that would make you a few years younger than me.
I dunno, I guess it's sort of how I still view my sister as being 16 and my brother as 12 even though they're 29 and 21. Even if logically it makes no sense, my brain just imposes a completely different age on you.

I'm also now thinking this may have come up once before on the Halfpixel board.
I still do that. I still see my little brother and sisters as 6th, 4th, and 3rd graders, because that's how old they were when I went to college. Well, not so much my brother because I talk to him all the time. And because he has the habit of texting me dirty pictures at work. Which actually does kind of sound like a sixth grader after all.

That's actually how my friend sold me on Winnie the Pooh. Never really watched it growing up, and I told him that, and his response was to explain how Winnie is actually a fat lazy asshole and that makes it hilarious. I enjoy Winnie the Pooh a lot more since viewing him not as an innocent naive bear but as just kind of a dick instead.

It had struck me that Winnie the Pooh is a bit of an asshole.
Now go watch Wizard of Oz with the idea that Glenda the "Good" Witch is really a manipulative bitch that uses Dorothy as a clueless assassin. She yanks her out of Kansas dropping her on one witch, sticks the shoes on her (already knowing that they can send her home right then and there), sends her on a quest to see the Wizard (setting up getting rid of another rival for power), gets her captured by the Witch of the West and has her kill that one too.

Now go watch Wizard of Oz with the idea that Glenda the "Good" Witch is really a manipulative bitch that uses Dorothy as a clueless assassin. She yanks her out of Kansas dropping her on one witch, sticks the shoes on her (already knowing that they can send her home right then and there), sends her on a quest to see the Wizard (setting up getting rid of another rival for power), gets her captured by the Witch of the West and has her kill that one too.
...You may have actually made me like The Wizard of Oz.

It's the only way that I can watch that movie at all. I like Judy Garland, she really was a very good actress, but Oz is just so sappy-sweet that I can't handle more than a few minutes at a time.

Since Anderson Cooper's coming out is making so much news...

Every Celebrity and Talking Head should have a News Conference individually tomorrow and state for the record whether they are straight or gay or whatever.

Then Good Morning America and the other Gossip News Shows will not have anything to talk about starting Wednesday.

Wait, a few weeks ago I was surprised to find out that he was gay, and just figured I was the only one that didn't know. Whats this with him coming out now?

I suspect that would offend some of the more vocal LGBT community if, what, 90%? of the talking heads publicly declared their heterosexuality.
I just hope it would take some of the fear out of the announcement. Try and not make it a big deal, and to screw with the heads of the gossip media.

I suspect that would offend some of the more vocal LGBT community if, what, 90%? of the talking heads publicly declared their heterosexuality.

Why? I'm pretty sure approximately 90% of all people are heterosexual (unless you insist on putting all people who ever experimented once or twice during puberty and/or college, but decides to stick to heterosexuality afterwards, as bisexual - it's a valuable point but the LGBT crowd can hardly claim to speak for them).