Homestuck, urgh. I'm sure there's quality of some sort in there...But I can't find it. I've tried to read it, but the drawing style, the the infantile writing (in the beginning), the way the artist usesthe internet medium, but most of all the FRIGGING ANNOYING FANBASE is just a horrible turn-off. All of the Homestuck fans I've ever met have behaved as if they were born in 4chan and raised in Reddit/nsfw/trolling or something.

I actually thought his use of the internet medium was ingenious.

That and I think it started on the PA boards and the writing at the beginning was because it was a "choose your own adventure" thing.

I actually thought his use of the internet medium was ingenious.

That and I think it started on the PA boards and the writing at the beginning was because it was a "choose your own adventure" thing.
Some parts of his use of the internet are ingenious. I'm certainly in agreement that, as a webcomic, you don't *have* to stick to page sizes and the like. Sure.
Some of them are interesting experiments, but no more than that. Some parts of his archives are pretty much illegible without a guide. Some jokes/references are literally impossible to get/understand; some jokes need so much context from forums, RL, metagames, etc etc, that they're pretty much impossible to solve/find/whatever nowadays, without just looking it up. Innovative, ingenious, all you want. Fun to read? Not to me.
It's the difference between "this is not art" and "this is art I don't appreciate". Big difference.
And I can't help it, but the combination of the drawing style and the fan base is to me such an utter turn-off that I simply can't read it. No matter if the story were Love and War x10.

You know what's funny? Reading a site that uses a font larger than what you're used to seeing, then later having your brain insist normal fonts are too small.

Leftover curry.
Leftover pizza dough.
Curry pizza!

Not bad, but the dough soaked up too much flavor from the curry. Needed to be 1.5-2x as strong.

God knows I don't follow, or particularly like, baseball. However, I have many friends back east who are Phillies fans. They apparently have this catcher that is nicknamed Chooch. Chooch is Italian slang. It basically means dumb ass. So all these fans call their starting catcher a dumb ass like it's some wonderful thing. Also, Chooch sounds to me like it should be slang for vagina.

Fun fact. That is my dad's pet name for my mom.
Only he spells it Chewch.

But it's not a coincidence, they both know what it means.

And no, I have no idea why.