BananaHands

Staff member
Just so anyone knows, if there's ever a non-profit or charitable organization that is giving you grief, give me and Juice a pack of cigarettes, sunshades and two 40s and we'll completely destroy them.

BananaHands

Staff member
It was their own fault with trusting us with the biggest even Haiti Connection was ever going to host... and all of their money.

Huh.

Just found out Pearl Jams "Alive" is about a mother revealing that a boys father isn't who he thinks he is (obvious)...and then his mother starting an incestuous relationship with him out of grief for the bio.dad.

Well then.

S

SeraRelm

The picture in the link is a character from Girl Genius. It has a very slight resemblance to a Rice Krispie elf (I suppose...).

Oh, my profile picture. It's a jagermonster from Girl Genius.

Thank you, SeraRelm. I'm obviously particularly dense this morning.

S

SeraRelm

I'm... not a fan of the series.

At all.

I don't even like seeing the "artwork".

fade

Staff member
The picture in the link is a character from Girl Genius. It has a very slight resemblance to a Rice Krispie elf (I suppose...).
Very slight? It's Rice Krispie elf with scruff and pointy teeth! Same hat, ears, hair, and clothes as Pop.

Going through boxes of my stuff to figure out what absolutely needs to come with me tomorrow and what I can leave here in my sister's basement.

I have 5 boxes of DVDs. A-H, I-S, S-Z, ones I was going to sell or trade in, TV shows and stand up comedy dvds.

And then there's actually still a bunch of other DVDs that are in boxes with other stuff just cause I ran out of room.

Cajungal

Staff member
*sniff sniff* you smell funny. Yes, I can see how that would be breaking some boundaries. But women always want you to notice their shampoo/cologne/perfume! It's so confusing!
By the way CG, I'm pretty sure it's pumpkin cream. Sweet and soft, with just a hint of a tang to it :p.
Pumpkin, eh? :) I do love pumpkin. I wear peppermint lotion, but I don't see anyone getting soup from that!

From a friend's facebook post:
Hello facebook friends and family wanna give u a heads up! Today i had an interview at barbizon studios and they are interested in putting me in acting and singing and they told me my image would fit in nickelodeon and disney. I will be in classes that will help me get to the top and i will be meeting cast and crew for the different shows and who knows what else im excited and i will keep everyone updated! Wish me luck.
Everything I can tell about Barbizon Studios is that it's a huge scam for gullible people who want to get into modeling/hollywood and they give the same spiel to anybody who goes to their interview/sales pitch. Someone already commented this on her status and she responded by passive-aggressively posting a thank-you people who support her.

'twas my nephew's 4th birthday today. He got a bunch of Spider-Man stuff. He likes Spider-Man, cause they have a big one painted on the wall in the cancer ward at Sick Kids Hospital. But for some reason now that he OWNS a Spider-Man action figure, he keep switching between liking Spider-Man and being afraid of him.

He also keeps saying Spider-Man is a bad guy, now that he's seen the show. It is difficult to explain to a 4yr old that hitting and fighting is bad..... unless you're a superhero.

Also knowing how much I love Spidey, my dad was like "Gee, I wonder who got you all the Spider-Man toys?" And I was like "Actually it wasn't me. I got him the Batman and Joker toys."

tell him that it is ok to fight if you are protecting people. superheros fight because others have tried words, but sometimes words are not enough.

edit: its me regurgitating badly a line a father use to tell me, a real man fights to protect the weak and innocent from harm. A man who has been weak and earns power understands it's value. Captain America/Spiderman/etc.

He also keeps saying Spider-Man is a bad guy, now that he's seen the show. It is difficult to explain to a 4yr old that hitting and fighting is bad..... unless you're a superhero.
I hate the double standard our society puts kids through.

"Don't hit, but stand up for yourself."
"Tell a grown-up if someone bullies you, but don't tattle."
"Be a leader, but do what you're told."

He's been going through a stage lately where he's been hitting and talking back a lot more, and we have to explain that hitting isn't nice. So then yeah we put on the old 90s Spider-Man the other day, and today he got a DVD of the Spectacular Spider-Man, and as soon as Spider-Man starts fighting, it's "Spider-Man is a bad guy!"

He doesn't even play fight with the toys. I explained to him that Joker is Mean and Batman and Spider-Man are nice, so naturally he was Joker and he invited my Batman to Spider-Man's store to buy more Spider-Man stuff.

He is an impossibly sweet kid. Literally my brother-in law woke him up today:
DAN: happy birthday dexter
DEXTER: happy birthday to you to daddy
DAN: no bud, today is your special day
DEXTER: but I want to share my special day

fade

Staff member
Is it weird to have a superhero painted on the wall of a cancer ward whose power is basically extremely specific and extremely benign cancer?