I think that Sam the Eagle or Scooter would be better as DM. Sam, because he would have it all planned out and the group would be constantly doing the unexpected and going “off script.” Scooter because he would never be in control but would willing to work along with all the weird stuff the gang would try.
I think Kermit works best because it brings him back to his original role on The Muppet Show as the director trying to stay sane among a large group of weirdos. He was essentially the straight man on the show.

We follow Kermit (Ranger), Rowlf (Kermit's Companion), Miss Piggy (Barbarian), Fozzie Bear (Bard), Gonzo (Sorcerer), and Animal (Druid) as they go through a dungeon. They battle Sweetums (Ogre), Bunsen Honeydew and Beaker (flesh golem and its creator), Statler and Waldorf (2-headed giant that argues with itself), a swarm of chickens (one of which starts following Gonzo around), Sam Eagle (Eaglebear -- "I am NOT an owl, I am an eagle!"), and every shopkeeper/merchant they meet is ALWAYS Scooter ("Wait, didn't we run into you back in that swamp town?" "Oh! That was probably my brother Skeeter. Yeah, we get mistaken a lot.")

And then, at the end of the goofball adventure where Kermit is screaming at the camera like Daffy Duck in that vs. animator cartoon, the viewpoint pulls back and we see that the GM is...the Swedish Chef. It makes sense, after all, since he's the only one with actual hands to be able to roll all those dice.

--Patrick

As much as think Scooter would be the competent DM, I really want to see Gonzo run it, for SO many reasons.
(I think Kermit is too busy to run a D&D game, but he's kind enough to give it a try if Scooter or Gonzo asked. He'd probably be the audience surrogate.)