[Webcomic] The Order of the Stick thread

As a full aside: a visitor from the UK from another web comic forum (yes, the one with content that is questionable) was floored that she couldn't take a train to northern Wisconsin, and that it'd take about four hours to go from Milwaukee to where I used to work.

As for OOTS - No one's making the obvious "Everybody Must Get Stoned" reference?

You've got to be talking about Europeans, as I can't image Canadians having that problem.
I mean, several of us lived or used to live right by the Canadian border, so we at least know Ontario.
I think you're mis-replying Dei. My OP was about how amazed I was, and was more complimenting those that were. I'm not surprised most of those live at/close to the border. The reply you quoted (which I did again here for clarity) was specifically for @AshburnerX 's post.

It probably wouldn't be. If rates are still anywhere near where they were for the package I mentioned above, it would actually be less expensive to hand the package to someone in Detroit, have them drive over the bridge to Toronto, and then mail it from there. And that was including the toll there and back.

...in fact, just checked the current bridge toll, and it has actually been cut almost in half since then, so now it would be even less.

--Patrick
That's quite a lot to ask someone to do just to get a book and a calendar. Like, it's not just a matter of them forwarding from another local post office. Driving across the border would be a giant use of their time and gas usage. And just more hassle that it's worth.

That's quite a lot to ask someone to do just to get a book and a calendar. Like, it's not just a matter of them forwarding from another local post office. Driving across the border would be a giant use of their time and gas usage. And just more hassle that it's worth.
It does assume you know someone who already goes back and forth frequently, yes.

--Patrick

I think you're mis-replying Dei. My OP was about how amazed I was, and was more complimenting those that were. I'm not surprised most of those live at/close to the border. The reply you quoted (which I did again here for clarity) was specifically for @AshburnerX 's post.
Yeah I did, probably because I was in a haze of Fire Emblem obsession.

Mom's cruising for a bruising here. If the meeting is suspended indefinitely, that would probably mean that the magical protections will be turned off in short order, and ExExarch would probably have a spell ready to go that might not make Durkon happy when he comes to.

If you're like me, you did see what happened but didn't remember who that was or why we should care - last time that vampire appeared was in #1167.