[Other] The not so funny pic thread (some NSFL or gore)

GasBandit

Staff member
Helmets save lives.

From reddit - http://www.reddit.com/r/WTF/comments/1j72st/discovered_just_now_that_my_brothers_helmet_from/

"Apparently, there were cardboard boxes scattered over the freeway from some asshole not securing them properly. As my brother was riding past, a box was picked up by the wind, hit him in the face. He fell backwards off the bike, and slid into an HOV lane where a bus was coming.

This is where people's skepticism start. The bus didn't quite HIT him. He slid under the bus (between the two front wheels, thank god) and some part of his clothes got hooked onto the bus. The scrape on his helmet is so deep and even because he was dragged by the bus until it came to a stop. If he had just come to a stop on his own, the helmet wouldn't be like this, but since it took as long for him to stop as the bus took, this is what happened.

His entire left side had nasty road rash.
As for other injuries:
  1. Three pelvic fractures
  2. Ruptured Liver
  3. Ruptured Spleen
  4. Internal bleeding from the liver and spleen
He also had a nasty black eye, and a noticeable bruise on his forehead, probably from the initial impact with the box when he was traveling 70 mph."

"Would you look at that fucking hipster?" - said upon observing a clean-shaven man in 1887.
1901 - King Camp Gillette applies for patent for his disposable blade safety razor
1904 - patent granted
1918 - Gillette contracted to supply razors and blades to US military in WW I

GasBandit

Staff member
Neat gift ideas.

And yes, someone thought of the obvious vis a vis the "miracle berries." Apparently his wife reported it made it taste like vanilla pudding.