[Other] The not so funny pic thread (some NSFL or gore)

I had a hard time recognizing some, but some just took a bad picture. I could barely tell that's Nicole De Boer front and center.

Here she is with Aron Eisenberg sporting his Nog teeth.

[DOUBLEPOST=1508209539,1508209499][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, Jake is swole.

GasBandit

Staff member
I wonder how long Terry Farrell kicked herself for picking a role in a sitcom nobody remembers instead of being Dax in season 7.

GasBandit

Staff member
Not as much as Denise Crosby I bet.
While that was a mistake in retrospect, I can at least understand why she might have looked elsewhere in season 1 - it hadn't hit its stride yet and people were "ehhhh" about it.

But Farrell had SIX YEARS under her belt and bailed on the last season. I mean, there's plenty of examples of why that doesn't work. Not even William Shatner got any ratings with TJ Hooker.

She might've ended up making more money from 4 seasons of Becker than for that last season of DS9.

Either way, I know I've read she regrets the decision, since she loved playing Dax so much.

That *is* Marc Alaimo (Gul Dukat, a few other Cardashians, a Romulan or two, etc). I thought I read he'd died.

If a deliberate mis-spelling, well done. If not... I dunno what to say.

And can somebody please do a left-to-right on who those actors are, and what their roles were? I'm getting some of them, but hardly all.
Yes, it was intentional.

On the left to right: Aron Eisenberg (Nog), in the hat and glasses the guy whose name I can't spell that played Rom, Marc Alaimo (Gul Dukat), Cirroc Lofton (Jake Sisko), Michael Dorn (Worf, son of Mohg), Terry Ferrell (Good Dax), Armin Shimerman (Quark), Nana Visitor (Major Kira), Nicole DeBoer (Other Dax), Jeffrey Combs (Weyoun), Andrew Robinson (Plain, Simple Garak), Rene Auberjonois (Odo), Penny Johnson (Mrs. Sisko), and Chase Masterson (Leeta).

Yes, it was intentional.

On the left to right: Aron Eisenberg (Nog), in the hat and glasses the guy whose name I can't spell that played Rom, Marc Alaimo (Gul Dukat), Cirroc Lofton (Jake Sisko), Michael Dorn (Worf, son of Mohg), Terry Ferrell (Good Dax), Armin Shimerman (Quark), Nana Visitor (Major Kira), Nicole DeBoer (Other Dax), Jeffrey Combs (Weyoun), Andrew Robinson (Plain, Simple Garak), Rene Auberjonois (Odo), Penny Johnson (Mrs. Sisko), and Chase Masterson (Leeta).
Actually Hat and Glasses guy is probably Ira Steven Behr, a producer for DS9

GasBandit

Staff member
Deputy, responding to an emergency "man with gun" call at night, hits a deer at 114 mph. Here's the dash/body cam.

The Deputy escaped with only minor injuries.

The deer, not so much

I was driving into the sunset last week. And I only noticed the deer because it was moving. If it was standing still, it would have blended into the color of the road. I just noticed a wiggle motion in the middle of the road. My mind first thought gator. Because it seemed like something crawling on the road. Then the legs became visible. And I had enough time to switch lanes and drive behind him. I honked the horn. Hoping that it will instill some fear of the highway into the little fella.

No wonder so many people hit deer, their fur does not reflect headlights. I just saw the shadow.

There's also the fact that they sit waiting until some neuron fires in their brain, at which point they FULLY COMMIT AND BOLT DON'T CARE MAKE WAY HERE I COME.

--Patrick

There's a reason I don't haul ass in the unincorporated area, no matter the call. We have hood deer here - they don't give fuck number one about traffic.

The only ones I really miss are Bar None and PB Max. I miss Hubba Bubba a little bit, too, because at least when the flavor was gone you could still blow bubbles without getting it stuck to everything.

--Patrick

figmentPez

Staff member
The only ones I really miss are Bar None and PB Max. I miss Hubba Bubba a little bit, too, because at least when the flavor was gone you could still blow bubbles without getting it stuck to everything.

--Patrick
And that collection was missing Whatchamacallit! Such an 80's commercial for it:

But I guess it's still made, so it doesn't fit the title of that post.

figmentPez

Staff member
Speaking of Candy, here's the BBC confirming what I've been saying for years
That's why Nestle sold it's candy division to Ferrero. The cost of chocolate has been rising for a while (Mr. Goodbar hasn't been able to be legally called chocolate for like a decade, it's just chocolate flavored). A lot of this is because chocolate was artificially cheap because it was farmed using exploitative labor practices. That, and I suspect that China's development has increased it's consumption, and thus there's more demand for a limited supply.

In any case, expect chocolate prices to continue to rise, and candy companies to start to push more alternatives like Hersey's first new candy bar in 22 years (Hershey Gold, which contains no chocolate).