[Other] The not so funny pic thread (some NSFL or gore)

Little guy is being super clingy this afternoon and does not seem to want me to go to work. Makes me feel a bit guilty when i have to put him in the floor so I can get ready to leave.

Set photo of the new Robocop.
I'm not even a fan of the original Robocop (never seen it, actually), but that suit just looks.... bad. Looks like they're trying to copy the look of both Iron Man and Christopher Nolan's Batman, and what they should be doing, is paying tribute to, I don't know, Robocop.

Movie could very well be fantastic, I won't pass judgement on that, but that suit looks terrible.

Wow. That really, REALLY looks like Nolan's Bat-Suit.

Which is to say, that really looks nothing like RoboCop. Maybe this is pre-RoboCop? Like a super cop suit or something?

No. Just no. I loved all three Robocop movies(even the third, I know its stupid) and that costume is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too lame to be robocop. Robocop had machismo, he gave off a true commanding aura. This guy looks like a rookie out to prove himself. Robocop didn't need no self-proving, he came back from the dead as awesome cyborg cop! And yeah the desigin does look like a rip-off of Iron man/Judge Dredd/ Bat man. Robocop is supposed to be blue dammit! A nice, dark blue.

I'm curious why he seems to have a human right hand. Was it removed for breaktime? Is this a pre-cyborg shot? Does he get to keep one hand? Unanswered questions.

Also, Silent Bob appears to be cast as the funny sidekick guy.

--Patrick

My guess would be that the right hand will be edited with CGI in post production. It might be able to transform into a gun or a blade or something like that.

If I recall correctly, in the original Robocop, Murphy's right hand/arm was blown off entirely. If they keep that in, they might decide to turn the right hand into something more than just a hand.

Alternatively, they're just stupid.

Also, it appears the shot is a close up, the hand isn't in it. So it's possible he just doen'st have the glove or whatever on his right hand because it's uncomfortable and he was drinking his coffee or playing words with friends on his iphone whatever before the take.

I've read some people suggest that there will be CG elements laid over the suit to make it more.... robotic.

Also, it appears the shot is a close up, the hand isn't in it. So it's possible he just doen'st have the glove or whatever on his right hand because it's uncomfortable and he was drinking his coffee or playing words with friends on his iphone whatever before the take.

I've read some people suggest that there will be CG elements laid over the suit to make it more.... robotic.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Who would've thought! I mean look how amazing and detailed the suit looks now! I don't see how computers would help in making it look less god awful at aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall. If Robocop has a rank in this movie I'm pretty sure it will be Captain.

Is it possible that it's supposed to be pre-accident and that is just the uniform Detroit cops wear? That the robocop suit will look similar but be more...robotic?

That's possible right?

RIGHT?!