The new Amazing Spider-Man trailer is out...

... and I still can't get over the new suit. There's just something... off about it.

It looks better than I thought it would be from the first teaser thing, though. I'm still pissed they're seemingly going to make the origin such a big part of the story. Again.

We all know it, dammit, move on!

I can dig it. While it seems like they will address his origins I can't imagine they'll spend that long on it. Looks like a bit will be about his early childhood and whatnot. Looks like it'll be good in a typical marvel superhero movie kind of way.

Unlike the other Spider Man film, I think this origin story is more complicated, with conspiracy elements to it. Maybe that's why it'll take up more of the movie.

Plus, there will definitely be sequels, so it's more ok for the first movie to be mostly origin.

He also seems to be more super-powered in this movie, compared to the other one. Reflexes are faster, better agility, etc. That's cool.

The new suit is growing on me. I think it's the hands that still weird me out, but I am really starting to like the mask itself. It feels a lot more slick.

Most of all I am glad he actually looks like he will be more of a wisecracker. I always felt the Raimi movies never conveyed the fact he pretty much jokes with those he fights a lot of the time.

Yeah, the one thing that Raimi's Spidey was sorely lacking in was wise cracking. He made a few quips here and there, but no where near the "I make jokes even while being pummeled to the ground" Spidey we all know and love. This seems, SEEMS mind you since we might be seeing all the quips in the entire movie for all we know, that they took care of that.

But that SUIT! WHYYYY

Also.. I'm really really NOT looking forward to having the origin up again. Again.

You notice how they are pretty much completely ignoring the Uncle Ben part of the story in the trailers? They are focusing pretty much entirely on his parents and his lack of relationship with them. I might laugh more then be shocked if the movie comes out and the whole Uncle Ben scene becomes nothing more then a throw away before moving back to the main plot.

figmentPez

Staff member
What is it with the Spider-Man movies having gorgeous redheads play blondes?

Also, I heard a rumor about the plot:
At a key moment, Peter runs out of web fluid.

I'll admit, she came off well as a blonde... better than expected.... but definitely not gorgeous neither.

gwen-stacy-comparison-6-12-10-kc.jpg

ElJuski

Staff member
man Kirsten Dunst is hot what more do you basement-cretins want? Also movie looks cool; Lizard is nice; really hope they know what they're doing with a reboot on the origins.

I liked Spider-Man 2 as well, but Kirsten Dunst was still as terrible in the role as she was in the first and third movies. Spider-Man 2 being good had way more to do with Alfred Molina than anyone else.

ElJuski

Staff member
Dunst being passable as an actress is a much different, better argument than OMG FINALLY A HOT BITCH GOD FINALLY.

As far as the movies go, I don't know if the Spidey series have really aged well in my mind. But it's been a while since I visited.

My opinion has been pretty high for Spider-man 2 (not as high as Charlie's, but close); I'm actually afraid to go watch it again, because yeah, they've aged unkindly, a la Adam West Batman.

^This. It's surprising how quickly those movies aged, honestly. And I loved Spider-Man 2 at the time, but that hasn't aged well, either.

sucking ass for 3 movies? Spider-Man 2 is the best comic book movie ever made.
I agree 100%.

This one does look pretty good though. How great would it be if, after seeing this movie, we can say "The Amazing Spiderman" is the best comic book movie ever made. High hopes for this one.

I don't care what anyone thinks, I still loved the hell out of Spider-man 2 and would put it in the top 5 best super hero movies. The only thing about Spider-man 1 that really kicks it in the nuts is the look of the Green Goblin and the rapidly aging CGI.

I don't care what anyone thinks, I still loved the hell out of Spider-man 2 and would put it in the top 5 best super hero movies. The only thing about Spider-man 1 that really kicks it in the nuts is the look of the Green Goblin and the rapidly aging CGI.
I think most of us are on board with the Spider-Man 2 love. I would watch it again over Thor or New Hulk (or Old Hulk) or X-Mans (except maybe X-Mans 2 and X-Mans First X-Mans) or the Fantastic Fours or Ghost Rider or Blades or Daredevil or Iron Mans.

My top 5 are:

5) X men 2 - I LOVED Alan Cummings as Nightcrawler

4) Iron Man

3) The Dark Knight

2) Spider-Man 2

1) Superman 2 - I'm sorry, but Terrance Stamp as Zod is still the best comic book movie villain of all time(sorry, Heath Ledger fans). For me, villains are 80% of the reason I love a movie.

I think most of us are on board with the Spider-Man 2 love. I would watch it again over Thor or New Hulk (or Old Hulk) or X-Mans (except maybe X-Mans 2 and X-Mans First X-Mans) or the Fantastic Fours or Ghost Rider or Blades or Daredevil or Iron Mans.
Yeah I put Spiderman 2 much further down the list than that and alot of the ones you mentioned alot higher. But opinions are awesome like that.