The new Amazing Spider-Man trailer is out...

I honestly don't get all the Kirsten Dunst hate. Is it because I don't have a stake in which one I want to bone?

I honestly don't get all the Kirsten Dunst hate. Is it because I don't have a stake in which one I want to bone?
I'm not sure yet, but I think Andrew Garfield might be > than Tobey Maguire too. However, just watching him in trailers I don't think British guy who was in that fucking awful Peter Pan miniseries who is playing Doc Conners will be anywhere near as good as Alfred Molina. Plus the Lizard looks fucking silly.

I look forward to the discussion we have in a few years where you people talk about how much you hate Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone.

That cop drew his gun without ever getting off of his motorcycle, and shot at an unarmed suspect with a restrained person directly behind him.

I mean, I know this is the NYPD, but come on.

That cop drew his gun without ever getting off of his motorcycle, and shot at an unarmed suspect with a restrained person directly behind him.

I mean, I know this is the NYPD, but come on.
My guess is that this is not Spidey's first altercation with the cops.
I mean, for starters, if they stick at all to the origin story, they think he killed that guy that killed Uncle Ben.

My guess is that this is not Spidey's first altercation with the cops.
I mean, for starters, if they stick at all to the origin story, they think he killed that guy that killed Uncle Ben.
If they're going by the movie origin, which I don't think they are, what with him now having mechanical web shooters and all. I've heard that they may be going the Ang Lee Hulk route for the origin of his powers. That it was his parents dicking around with his DNA that gave him his powers. I will be considerably peeved if that turns out to be true.

As for the new footage. It does give me hope to see a Spider-Man cracking wise.

Posted that in the upcoming movies thread and yeah, I still think the acting comes off kind of shitty and Spidey seems a bit too mean-spirited and ass-hatty. I'm not going to condemn the whole movie off of one clip, but it has soured my anticipation a little.

Agreed. I like that he's crackin' wise, but it does seem a little too mean spirited. I'm not surehow much of that is Garfield's delivery and how much of that is the cinematography and the music. That shot from around 1:40-1:50 particular, it's like they're TRYING to make him the villain in that scene. Just weird.

I don't want to judge a whole movie off one 2minute clip, but I didn't really start out with much anticipation for this one to begin with.

Maybe he's like this due to some context. Anyway, I wasn't expectig anything from this movie and this clip has raised my hopes a lot (because of the wise cracking).
Added at: 09:23
Or maybe he's still learning the superheroing, and some attitude from before uncle Ben is killed remains. I could get behind it if there was some evolution in this aspect, preferrably linked to the plot.

I thought they weren't really doing the origin, like in the newer Hulk.
That'd be much preferable, I think. It's like "We know the story now. You can stop telling us about it."
And that would explain why the police are already so hostile towards him, if they've been after him for a while already.

Again, I have to point out that he's not using organic web shooters, and the trailers have shown an emphasis on his parents. Though they may breeze through it somewhat, they're going to have to re-do the origin at least in apart to explain the differences. From all I've seen it looks like a complete reboot.

As to the Incredible Hulk, that was produced by Marvel Studios, so they have more reign over what is done with the character and what they can decide to forego, however, because this new film is produced by Sony with a whole new team, I can totally see everyone from producers to directors saying "Screw what Remi did, this is MY Spider-Man story." It's one of the main reasons I want Marvel Studios to get the rights to Spider-Man and the X-men back.

Marvel will never get the rights to Spider-Man and this makes me happy all day since Spider-Man is the best superhero and all the Marvel Films basically suck and suffer from being part of an even more soul-less, crappy money gobbling machine than Hollywood usually is

I hope this movie makes more than The Avengers, even though it 99% won't. It'll probably be in the top 3 movies this summer though, and that's pretty ding dang dong good. :)

Also this movie is going to rule :)

I don't think it'll break top 3. Maybe top 5. Dark Knight Rises, Avengers, Expendables 2 and Brave I think will all be ahead of it.
And whatever this summer's women's literature adaptation of choice is. I'm just assuming there is one.

I'm not talking about that though. Those might do pretty well too though. The one with Kristin Stweart especially, since it will attract all the Twilight fans.
I'm talking about whatever Oprah's book club book about a modern day woman living in the city (Either New York or LA, since those are the two American cities that exist in movies) who "discovers" herself and is empowered by inheriting a peach orchard or travelling to England or something is getting an adaptation this year.

I saw the Amazing Spider-Man preview last week before The Avengers. It did make it sound like his powers come from his parents experiments (wtf is that about), he is a cocky little shit who needs to get taken down a notch rather than a nerd with a sarcastic streak, and I think Tobey >Andrew for this role from what I have seen so far.

I, for one, enjoy and welcome the return of smart-ass Spiderman. It's what made the character fun.

Plus, if I just recently acquired superpowers when I was in high school, I'd sure as hell be a cocky prick about it for a while.