[NBA] The NBA Thread

Anyone else here watch the NBA? Its becoming one of my favorite sports because I don't have a team to let me down in it.

Heat and LeBron are looking really good tonight. I can't wait to see how Houston does too.

Agent Zero was pretty entertaining, at least.

Although now that I think about it, that ended up kinda not so good for the Wizards.

Last edited:
I'm in North Carolina, we have some of the best college basketball in the country and one of the worst NBA teams. Safe to say I don't watch a lot of professional basketball.

OKC THUNDER! I need to watch a couple of games before we move.
I really hope Westbrook is 100%. They can't seem to win w/o him, and they shouldn't have let Harden go. I miss the beard. :(

Yeah, the Harden trade looks more and more like a disaster. I can't stand that the owner moved the team from Seattle and then has the gall to say that they're now in too small of a market to have paid Harden.

Nuclear Option indeed. Adam Silver has banned Donald Sterling from the league, fining him the maximum amount allowed by the league (2.something million), and motioning for the the owners to vote to force Sterling to sell the Clippers.

See, Hansen should've just dug up a racist comment made by the Kings' owners and bought the team that way.

All joking aside, amen to that.
There's no room to joke around when you hold such a respected and predominant role as a team owner. Considering that the NBA consists of mostly black players, to say such things, even in a discreet environment is shameful and wrong. These players make you millions.

He got caught, you'd think black players would play for the Clippers with him there? They'll have to go a long way to clean their image even after this turd is long gone.

It has no place in modern sports today.

Actually....
It has no place today.
FTFM

He got caught again
FTFY. He's been a known racist shithole for years. Lets not be like the players and sportswriters who are shocked, SHOCKED to find out Donald Sterling was a racist. He got what he deserved.[DOUBLEPOST=1398803171,1398802971][/DOUBLEPOST]
I love that we're punishing a rich asshole by giving him a billion fucking dollars. Great life
STFU Charlie

I know if you had you're way we'd be dragging him behind a pickup through the streets before we lynched him, but this is the real world, where thankfully people like you don't have the power to make everything fair by having everyone live in squalor, but this is the real world. The NBA does not thankfully have the power to financially ruin a person they disagree with. Forcing the sale of the team is not about punishing him, it's about removing his association with the NBA.

I am in the real world. I don't think anyone's happy a racist is getting a billion dollars

, but this is the real world, where thankfully people like you don't have the power to make everything fair by having everyone live in squalor,.
everyone already lives in squalor thanks to this guy, go check out his real estate holdings

There's no room to joke around when you hold such a respected and predominant role as a team owner. Considering that the NBA consists of mostly black players, to say such things, even in a discreet environment is shameful and wrong. These players make you millions.

He got caught, you'd think black players would play for the Clippers with him there? They'll have to go a long way to clean their image even after this turd is long gone.

It has no place in modern sports today.

Actually....

FTFM
I wasn't implying that Sterling was joking around, nor was I implying that there was anything OK about his behavior, but if you want to take my comment that way, you go right ahead.

Okay, weird moments:

1. Bucks are sold to two New York guys who want to keep the team in MKE, build a new arena.
2. Bucks get #2 overall pick - and select a Duke forward who arguably could have gone 1st or 3rd.
3. And now... this.

Yeah, that was horrendous. Scuttlebutt has it that there was likely a pre-existing weakness there, otherwise it wouldn't have broken.

So much crap going on, but I'm not interested in making another thread for it.

I understand the need for a Summer League so teams can look at rookies and lower-end free agents. What I don't get is ESPN showing highlights when there's a perfectly good baseball season out there. That and Vegas and the UK sports books putting lines on the games. If you're so desperate for action you're betting on NBA Summer League, you need help.

An then there's this kid Jordan in LA. So he didn't sign with Dallas? So effing what? What's sad is this guy's take. It's destroyed the franchise forever? Seriously?

When the press says anything less than 50 losses is a failure, and would prefer 60 or more, you have a garbage team in a garbage league.

Well they like to show summer league highlights over baseball because basketball has the advantage of actually being entertaining.

Also, Jordan could've at least called or texted saying "I'm signing with the clippers." You would never accept a job and then bail out without letting them know. It's bush league.

@Tress That's Dwight Howard saying "That's a bitch-ass move" regarding the Deandre Jordan embarassment. Rather fitting since Dwight, in an almost-but-not-quite-similar situation, had enough self-awareness to meet the Lakers in person to tell them he wasn't going to sign with them.

@Tress That's Dwight Howard saying "That's a bitch-ass move" regarding the Deandre Jordan embarassment. Rather fitting since Dwight, in an almost-but-not-quite-similar situation, had enough self-awareness to meet the Lakers in person to tell them he wasn't going to sign with them.
Not to mention the breathless wall-to-wall coverage of Dwight's indecision-making process. Nothing short of 13 simultaneous no-hitters would push baseball highlights over top of All-Dwight-All-The-Time back then.