The most controversial poll since steak!

Shower or bath?

• Shower

Votes: 45 80.4%
  • Bath

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Both/either

Votes: 9 16.1%
  • It rained on me within the past month

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Grue

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (explain below)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This question occurred to me the other day while getting ready for work and I thought it could provide lively discussion. Which method do you prefer?

I would have said both, but I've decided that if I ever remodel with money I've found somewhere secret, I'd rather put in a sauna than a hot tub.

--Patrick

B

BErt

I voted shower, but having bad knees can make a hot bath once in a while a necessity.

Shower every day, shave my head every other day (except today, I got a touch of a sunburn yesterday and it was just bad enough that I didn't want to drag a razor across it), bath for relaxation purposes on a fairly regular basis (having a roman soaking tub in the master bathroom is a big part of why we chose our current apartment).

I really don't like bathing in our tub because it feels too small. I'd rather take a quick shower than lay in bed if I have that much time.

I am a tall man, and regular bathtubs feel too cramped for me.

That being said, if I've done myself an injury (either with SCA stuff or on the job), I will occasionally take a hot soak. By and large, though, I prefer to just sit under the shower with the water slightly hotter than is comfortable, and let my mind wander. It's almost meditative!

That being said, if I've done myself an injury (either with SCA stuff or on the job), I will occasionally take a hot soak. By and large, though, I prefer to just sit under the shower with the water slightly hotter than is comfortable, and let my mind wander. It's almost meditative!
I've done this. It's good stuff.

Uh, yeah. Exactly.

Baths are terrible for getting clean, but good for relaxation, as has been said multiple times. I'll take a shower after a bath, though because I always feel gross afterwards.

That's what I do when I'm stuck while writing. I usually get my best ideas when I'm in the shower.
It's been recommended to me that I take cold showers when I am stuck on any kind of problem. Not like, chilly, but like, only cold water. The idea is you get in, and you're so overwhelmed with adjusting to the discomfort, that your mind is in a 'new' state by the time you're okay with standing in the cold shower, and your ideas are fresh.

I've never been bold enough to try.

Long, hot (love very hot water) showers; 45 min+ are incredible. Baths for wine with girlfriend.[DOUBLEPOST=1399237043,1399236949][/DOUBLEPOST]
I only sit down in the shower when confronted with my own mortality and sinking to the floor, weeping in dispair
Hey, I do this.[DOUBLEPOST=1399237077][/DOUBLEPOST]
WAAAAAAAAANT
I would... I would enjoy that shower for so many reasons that are NSFW and many more that are totally reasonable.

Man, I need to get a big ass jacuzzi tub or something. I'm 6'3" and my girlfriend is 5'10" and there is too much of both of us to fit in my tub comfortably.

Man, I need to get a big ass jacuzzi tub or something. I'm 6'3" and my girlfriend is 5'10" and there is too much of both of us to fit in my tub comfortably.
I'm actually kind of saddened by the fact that one of my favorite-ish hotels has been doing a bunch of renovating and modernization. I stay there about once a year (when I need a good burger from my old hometown burger joint), and up until a couple of years ago they hadn't updated the jacuzzi suite since the 70's. The tub was farking huge - you could fit two very large people or four standard sized people in it. It actually looked more like a hot-tub than your now-standard jetted tub that might hold half of a human. Of course, I don't necessarily miss the fact that the TV was, while huge, so old that it was actually built in to the cabinetry at the bottom of the wall, or the fact that it had a separate, but also built in to the cabinetry, VCR. Or the fact that all of the wood, and carpet, and paint in the rooms were so dark that it was like sleeping in a cave. But you would have loved that tub. You know, if you had a spare bedroom to keep it in.