[Food] The meetup!

Dave

Staff member
Yup. But it looks funny.[DOUBLEPOST=1500865364,1500865264][/DOUBLEPOST]And my hooties aren't flappy, I'm relatively svelte, and I'm NOT that fucking old!

I can't eat rat toes, though...

GasBandit

Staff member
I was going to say the same thing!
I expected him to be wearing sunglasses, though.

--Patrick
I broke mine, remember? Still trying to find a good replacement pair that fits, functions well, and looks good. It's a tall order for my massive melon.

fade

Staff member
Aw, man, when you guys said "karaoke", I thought you meant actual karaoke, not dashcam karaoke. If I'd realized that, I would've come along.

GasBandit

Staff member
That's how I knew you were bsing when your rimworld avatar had head size: normal
That's because the only options are normal and thin! :p
Aw, man, when you guys said "karaoke", I thought you meant actual karaoke, not dashcam karaoke. If I'd realized that, I would've come along.
Well, I mean, we said it several times! And in the official meetup thread, too!

fade

Staff member
The whole thing was kind of funny, though. I wasn't sure what to say to anyone, because I didn't know where people stood with respect to their online personalities. Like, are you You or are you Online-You?

The whole thing was kind of funny, though. I wasn't sure what to say to anyone, because I didn't know where people stood with respect to their online personalities. Like, are you You or are you Online-You?
For future reference, I absolutely and totally 100% of the time identify as an angry owl. My boss and coworkers just have to cope.

GasBandit

Staff member
I'd say the person I was online and the person I was IRL both kind of stopped existing in 2013, and now there's just one of me in both places.

I've never tried to represent myself online as anything other than myself (though there are of course times where I obscure my identity). Turns out that "being yourself" is the easiest façade to maintain.

--Patrick

fade

Staff member
Yeah, I'm the same IRL as online. Trying to create an extra "persona" seems exhausting.
Yeah, but there's also subconscious stuff. For example, I'm a lot more vocal here. In real life, I just don't talk much. Not nervous, just never felt the need.