The Jay Show - Interview # 1 - ThatGuyNick (Completed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be happy to take advice. :)
Added at: 22:49
Published, yes. World acclaimed? No.
And I had a total blast with this tonight. Reminded me of the time I was Dave's guest on his radio show.
Only you didn't speak about Vaseline the whole night.

Oh my goodness, this makes me so happy!!! Listening to it this very moment. =^^= (Makes me wish I had stuff to do a video interview...*sniffles*)

...Not that I'll get picked, but..I'm just sayin.

What would you need Pat? :)
I know I'm not the only one here who has good audio editing software, but I admit I want a crack at it. I downloaded your WAVs, just want to see if I can clean them up. If I can make them sound noticeably better, then I might want a chance at the originals.

It's all gonna have to wait until tomorrow morning, though. Got a promise with a pillow.

--Patrick

I started listening; it started awesome, and then Jean Chretien started talking. Double-you Tee Eff?

Just finished listening. Interesting interview. I think this will work out, but Dave brought up a good point at the end. I think there needs to be a little more prep ahead of time, and you have to eliminate the dead spots. There are enough points of dead air that it can kill the whole interview. Doesn't Dave have a history of working as a DJ? Have him help you out.

I'll agree that the show needs a little more prep. Nick's posted about his novel on and off for the last few months which a little research would have unearthed. Having relevant questions like that would have also prevented 80% of the questions being overtly sex-themed and mostly hypothetical. I expected a couple sex questions but jeez, Jay, this isn't a Playboy interview.

Other than that, found it enjoyable except for the besmirching of my good name, and looking forward to future interviews when the process is a little more polished and Jay's found an interview format that works better for him. :)

Thing is, there actually was prep work. Heck, 3 whole pages of it. There's only so much prep work you can do... and interviews can easily go astray, as it did, the Halforums way. :)

Don't ever forget though that this is a recreational thing and not a job for me, as long as it remains fun, and it was, I'll be happy to continue. However, I'm quite open (not as much as Nick when he goes camping) to working on the format and finding ways to make it more enjoyable, with the minimum of headaches for me. The audio issues, the lapses between speaking, the interview format, it'll come as we work out the kinks.

As far as Nick's book, I truly had no idea and after the interview he kindly researched for me where he actually posted the news... which of course was located in those gigantic "spam threads" like "Epic Win" and "Epic Rants".... which I never ever bother to read. Either way, such a feat is deserving it's own thread and should have never have been in those thread cellpools.

What would also help me would be more Bamboozlers. I got a total of 4 for LittleSin, 8 for Nick of different levels of use for the interview. "How are you baby girl?" "Tell me about your childhood". I mean, comon! LOL. More questions, especailly coming from the peanut gallery that weren't forthcoming beforehand would be appreciated. :)

And why is Gusto listening to my interview at 5AM?

Hopefully someone good at that sort of thing fixes the levels, having to listen to French McFrencherson at about 200 decibels to even hear Nick is not optimal.

That is my only complaint as well, that the sound levels were so different.

But I enjoyed it throughly!! I can't wait to listen to the next one. :)

Hopefully someone good at that sort of thing fixes the levels, having to listen to French McFrencherson at about 200 decibels to even hear Nick is not optimal.
Took me 2hrs to finish separating the first 30 min before I ran out of my available free time today. Geez you guys rattle on. I thought it was only going to be a 20min interview. I'll keep at it, here's hoping I finish before all interest fades.*

--Patrick
*I figure another uninterrupted hour or so.

I liked that it was so long, personally....

I liked both of your voices (And Dave's) to keep listening no matter what you guys were talking about, I thought it was fun.

Jay, you're voice puts me in mind of the one officer on my watch. Your voices have the same cadence, you pronounce a lot of words the same way... it got a bit bizarre when he logged in for service whilst I was listening...

Status
Not open for further replies.