The Internet will never satisfy its lust for bizarre and weird things.

I thought it was "Meme me," like it was going to be a video about "Hey, watch me do something silly! You should turn me into a meme."

It was not.

--Patrick

That was quite possibly one of the most misogynistic things I've ever seen in my life, but I think that's actually one of the points of the video.

GasBandit

Staff member
There's a rumor going around that the producers of the video went around to AMV enthusiast websites and forums collecting what people complained about most in videos they didn't like, and put them all in this video to hack off as many people as possible. That's why there's all the huge bouncing boobs, the tiny genital accessories that cover as little as possible (or just dangle), the seizure-inducing flashing colors, the repetition, and the insinuation that there's a deeper underlying meaning/metaphor when there actually isn't.

GasBandit

Staff member
Even after watching the whole thing through again a second time when I'm NOT at work and don't have to be paranoid about somebody walking in, I'm not entirely clear on if there is 2 or 3 distinct females in the video.

There's a girl with blue hair, and one girl, or possibly two girls, with pink hair. It just depends on if the girl with the flower-scrunchie holding back her ponytail (who does most of the alien-psycho attacking-devouring stuff) is a distinct and separate person from the girl with long, unrestrained pink hair with the flower adorning the side (who does most of the crying/lamenting/being absorbed stuff), or if they're representing two sides of the same girl.

I have no idea what it all means. Some people postulate it's about a guy who dumps one girl for another, about a guy who got dumped, about celebrity fixation... I'm starting to wonder if the rumor I mentioned earlier isn't the actual case.

That was quite possibly one of the most misogynistic things I've ever seen in my life, but I think that's actually one of the points of the video.
I was watching it thinking, well it's not really misogynistic, objectifying, yes, but not misogynistic. Then I got to the latter third.

Good job, Japan.

Good. Job.

...also, moved this video since I didn't feel it was truly weird enough for that other thread.

He's like the anti-Smooth McGroove.

--Patrick