The "I am coincidentally giving something up for 40 days" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've quit drinking.

Long-term, I've resolved to quit drinking alone, but lately I've just been drink so goddamn much and frankly, it's having an impact. So I'm giving this a whirl.

I've quit drinking.

Long-term, I've resolved to quit drinking alone, but lately I've just been drink so goddamn much and frankly, it's having an impact. So I'm giving this a whirl.

I believe in you, Chad!! It's been 4 years since I went sober. You can do it! :)

BananaHands

Staff member
Hmm. I'm giving up illegal drugs. Not that I partake in them a lot, but might as well put the last nail in that coffin.

I drink alcohol in moderation, and while I do use too much weed, I'm not quite ready to give it up yet, so...Nothing for me for the moment :p

I'm giving up soda, except club soda which is basically carbonated water and doesn't really count.

I drink soda fairly rarely, since I tend to take my liquor straight and drink coffee or water while at work. This is my attempt to kick the habit almost entirely.

I'm giving up soda, except club soda which is basically carbonated water and doesn't really count.

I drink soda fairly rarely, since I tend to take my liquor straight and drink coffee or water while at work. This is my attempt to kick the habit almost entirely.
This is one of the best changes I ever made in my life.

Since I'll be in New York on St. Patrick's Day, and probably not around Halforums for the week, I would like to preemptively state here that I will be drinking all the Guinness. And I don't even feel bad.

Since I'll be in New York on St. Patrick's Day, and probably not around Halforums for the week, I would like to preemptively state here that I will be drinking all the Guinness. And I don't even feel bad.
If you drink them all you will feel bad... until you rehydrate the next morning.

Cajungal

Staff member
Sigh. I feel like I just don't care anymore? Shit. I'm gonna go eat breakfast.
Don't worry if you strayed from your a bit, Chad. Be kind to yourself--you deserve that. I know you've been having a hard time. There's nothing I can do really, except say that you're in my thoughts. *hug* I hope you feel better.

Status
Not open for further replies.