The Guilty Pleasure Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of us are cinephiles, others are gourmet chefs, but all of us have one thing in common: guilty pleasures. This is the place to talk about those things you may not admit to your friends, but still enjoy the hell out of.

Con Air is still one of my favorite movies. John Malcovitch and Steve Buscemi are hugely entertaining to watch and Nick Cage is hilarious.

It may be girly, but I still occasionally listen to Sarah Barielles...and John Mayer......and Jack Johnson.........

I love great literature but when I'm getting on the airplane there's nothing I'd rather read than Vince Flynn or Clive Cussler books.

That'll get me started. Tell use about your own guilty pleasures!

M

makare

Something I do that I might be ashamed to tell my friends?

Well I spend a lot of time online on this forum.....

<_< . . . >_> . . . I like Jeff Foxworthy and Bill Engvall. :(
Ooo me too. I really love Foxworthy's book... that's right I said his book.

I....I actually started rewatching some of the Pokemon anime. I was feeling really nostalgic one day and......

Cajungal

Staff member
Sex and the City. 90% of the time, I fucking hate that show. I think the characters are imbeciles, and the stories are dull. But some nights I just curl up and watch the episodes that I *do* enjoy. I never watch it when anyone is around, though... When my friends catch me doing girly things they try to take me shopping or to nail salons.

There must be others... Probably back later.

M

makare

Sex and the City. 90% of the time, I fucking hate that show. I think the characters are imbeciles, and the stories are dull. But some nights I just curl up and watch the episodes that I *do* enjoy. I never watch it when anyone is around, though... When my friends catch me doing girly things they try to take me shopping or to nail salons.

There must be others... Probably back later.

Which eps are the ones you like? I love that show. It's such a complete nonmental strain.

Cajungal

Staff member
Usually Miranda-heavy episodes. She's wonderfully severe and far less stupid to me. Carrie is completely unconvincing ad someone interesting and clever enough to be a writer.

M

makare

Yeah I like Miranda the best too. If Carrie wasn't on the show it would be at least 75% better (that number is just an estimate). I like the other two ok but yeah Miranda is the most amusing. I like Steve.

M

makare

D'aw, Steve.
He is so adorable! I was just watching the one where he comes to the apartment and tells her what she did was shitty. that whole scene cracks me up.

I think the reason Carrie is so pointless is if any of the other girls were narrating the show it would have more of a bias too it. Carrie has no bias because she is a vapid shell of nothingness in overly priced shoes.

Dave, there is nothing guilty about the Safety Dance.

My guilty pleasure? I am... not really a CLOSET weeaboo, but most definitely one flying under the radar

Up high on Jack Johnson, Baer. I feel guilty about enjoying Jason Mraz.

Espy, it's not a guilty pleasure until you watch all 5 seasons of Angel.

Nothing that I won't openly admit to.
Added at: 01:28
ie. "YOU play the SIMS!?"

"Of course I do, it's fucking incredible!"
Added at: 01:29
Up high on Jack Johnson, Baer. I feel guilty about enjoying Jason Mraz.

Espy, it's not a guilty pleasure until you watch all 5 seasons of Angel.
I couldn't make myself finish Angel.

Yspeii, if I could negrep you for calling Buffy a guilty pleasure, I would.

figmentPez

Staff member
I watch The Soup on E! (ugh, it's such vapid drivel, but it's like an accident on the side of the road. So hard to not crane your neck and see what happened.)

I listen to Superchic[k], among other bands that don't fit my demographic.

I spend hours and hours searching through Flickr for cosplay photos. (This one gets to hit my guilt buttons twice! First I get worried that I'm wasting time on a hobby that doesn't give me any benefit to my health or future. Then my perfectionism kicks in, and I feel guilty about falling behind on searching/sorting/posting.)

Cajungal

Staff member
The host is funny.

I guess one thing that is weird that I like--although I have no problem admitting it--is the Manhattan Transfer Christmas Album. They are one of the most lame-ass groups in the universe. Lame.... ass. But Mom's been playing it every year around Christmas since I was a little girl, and so many great memories are attached to it. I can't help but be happy when it's on. :)

C

Crafter

I'd say I'm about 70 percent weeaboo and I listen to Taylor Swift. Sup.

i listen to kasey chambers am i not pretty enough at full volume when nobody is home. And missy higgins. Guilty enough for you guys?

In enjoy the Wizards of Waverly Place, eating raw oatmeal muffin mix, professional wrestling and Groo.

Everyone's already said Lady Gaga, but I have no guilt about that. I'm openly a fan. My biggest guilty pleasure is that I watch Sarah Palin's Alaska. It's like a train wreck, I just can't look away.

Status
Not open for further replies.