[TV] The Flash

Bad choice of words on my part... should have included "or someone not related to then etc"

It's already the 3rd speedster, making it also the 3rd (well, 4th, if you include Malfoy) "guy we already know, that we thought was a friend" is just so predictable.
Yep. They've played that hand way too many times at this point.

Which is sad if they ever adapt Mark Waid's Return of Barry Allen story. Because the impact won't be as powerful.

Watched the musical episode last night...

John Barrowman has the best damn voice that I've heard in a while. Oh, and Wynn could really sing as well.

I guess they just found the only characters from the Arrowverse that could sing and cobble them into this show.

I guess only Kara can sing from all the women in the shows.

Watched the musical episode last night...

John Barrowman has the best damn voice that I've heard in a while. Oh, and Wynn could really sing as well.

I guess they just found the only characters from the Arrowverse that could sing and cobble them into this show.

I guess only Kara can sing from all the women in the shows.
A whole lot of those folks have stage/musical backgrounds, Kara, Barry, Musical Meister and some others are Glee Alumni. CW has done a pretty good job at hiring folks that their demographic would actually watch superhero shows, whereas they normally wouldn't.

And for maximum geekage

Last edited:
This and Supergirl need to knock it off with the Hamilton shit. There's no reason to be dating the shows like this and people aren't going to suddenly like the shows more because the supporting cast got Hamilton tickets.

HOORAY-post redemption Snart! Seriously, just fucking bring him back to life all ready. Pull a doppeldoll for all I care! ALSO-
-who esle saw Iris getting stabbed coming?

This was an excellent finale

until they tacked on a Crisis end and it hit every branch falling down the bullshit tree.
YUP. My thought exactly. Especially how goddamn drawn out it was with the final goodbye, like it means anything since he'll be back next season. Though I get the feeling we'll now see Wally in the red suit for maybe a couple of episodes. Maybe they'll do the Return of Barry Allen story like Mark Waid's run. But again, they've done the whole "bad guy is someone you know!" thing so much, there would be zero impact now.

Also, even though I went in knowing how HR died, I didn't know it was for a complete bullshit out in saving Iris' life. I actually grumbled, "Oh fuck off" when he turned off his thingamajig.

I'm conflicted. It was a really solid ending to the season. I even liked that the surprise reveal was a result of something that had been set up earlier in the season and wasn't a result of time travel shenanigans. It wasn't perfect. I agree that the bit at the end was tacked on and pointless. Also, nothing about Caitlin's story arc had any weight to it.

However, the reason I'm conflicted is that I didn't really enjoy the season as a whole. The season arc wasn't particularly compelling. The main villain is a speedster whose identity might be someone we know and it's all wrapped up in a time travel plot that doesn't make any sense? We've already seen that story. Twice.

Really thought things were going in a new direction mid-episode, but even squandering that, I thought it was a solid finale up until the last couple minutes.

Hell, when

Jay Garrick zipped out of the Speedforce

my wife and I friggin cheered, we were so happy to see him back.

And then they took all that and flushed it away. You watch, next season

Barry comes back and it's been years; Iris is with someone else but conflicted because Barry's back, Wally has moved to Earth 3 or Keystone, etc. It's so new it might as well be Flashpoint.

SO-
-an episode in the speed force, or two episodes? Also its gonna be some damn perfect reality without pain for him isn't it-GRAH-dammit Berlantiverse.

Honestly, I don't know if I'll bother with the next season.
I'll probably watch, but I wouldn't blame anyone for jumping ship after that tacked-on shit of an ending.

Supergirl's finale

made sense, the elements coalesced to generate that downer ending. If that had been the case for Flash, it would've been fine, but they'd already accomplished their goals, the story of the season was over, and then they just threw that shit on there. Especially grating is that because Supergirl's finale had the lovers separated, I figured it'd be stupid for Flash to do the same.

But gotta have that DRAAAAMAAAAA

Yeah and at least-
-we all KNEW Mon-El and Kara were gonna seperate, that's just how the flow of the story felt natural! Also they were basically Makorra.

Say what you will about the Flash finale but my 9 year old son absolutely loved it. I don't disagree with opinions on the ending, but having a kid next to you cheering and gaping in shock at some of the moments makes it easy to give the show a pass. It suffers, as all the CW shows do, from CWitis.... which is the need to keep the status quo (re: relationships) the status quo. Can't have the characters relationship growing and developing as that would ruin the shipping tension. Removing those types of decisions would make the shows much better overall but there's zero chance of them breaking what is obviously been a successful formula.

Say what you will about the Flash finale but my 9 year old son absolutely loved it. I don't disagree with opinions on the ending, but having a kid next to you cheering and gaping in shock at some of the moments makes it easy to give the show a pass. It suffers, as all the CW shows do, from CWitis.... which is the need to keep the status quo (re: relationships) the status quo. Can't have the characters relationship growing and developing as that would ruin the shipping tension. Removing those types of decisions would make the shows much better overall but there's zero chance of them breaking what is obviously been a successful formula.
Looking around online, the rest of the finale wasn't even that well-received, so I get what you mean about your son's enjoyment making it easier to overlook issues if you had them. I had no problem with the rest of the episode. It sucks that someone died, but it wasn't like some Joss Whedon throwaway pointless; it was a hero's death.

But those last couple fucking minutes. If the ending had been the crux of resolving the main conflict, as it was in Supergirl, I'd have given it a pass even though it's not as satisfying. But the main conflict was already resolved, so this was just CW bullshit, blatant as ever. They didn't even have some self-awareness like the end of Luke Cage. It wouldn't have killed them to throw in Cisco saying "We're gonna find a way, Barr!" or something like that. Nope. Just do this shit so they can make up a new situation for season 4, like they did with the time gap between 1 and 2, or Flashpoint between 2 and 3. It's not just the relationships that aren't allowed to grow; it's the shows themselves sometimes.