The EPIC WIN Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Wasabi Poptart

I've got my son saying "Om nom nom nom" when he likes what he's eating. :rofl:

And yet when I do it I get dirty looks from the other people in the restaurant.

:(

AND the waiter.

:waah:

P

Pojodan

ZenMonkey said:
And yet when I do it I get dirty looks from the other people in the restaurant.

:(

AND the waiter.

:waah:
If I heard a girl doing that, I'd be staring for the purpose of checking her out. :heart:

My girlfriend is apparently really into the 2004 Battlestar Galactica tv series and I had never seen it, or the earlier series for that matter, so she brought over the first season today. We only had time to watch the first episode but it was awesome. Loved every bit of it. Reminded me of Mass Effect, though I'm sure Mass Effect drew a lot of inspiration from the shows.

Also I have a girlfriend that loves things like Battlestar Galactica. :D

Far said:
My girlfriend is apparently really into the 2004 Battlestar Galactica tv series and I had never seen it, or the earlier series for that matter, so she brought over the first season today. We only had time to watch the first episode but it was awesome. Loved every bit of it. Reminded me of Mass Effect, though I'm sure Mass Effect drew a lot of inspiration from the shows.

High five, Far (we need a smiley for this)! It's awesome having girlfriends that do that...mine got me into Firefly/Serenity, so I know how you feel.

Sort of backfired on her, though, since I would now leave her for Nathan Fillion if the chance ever presented itself ;).

Cajungal

Staff member
Oh my GOD the iced coffee at Highland Cafe has the most ridiculous amount of caffeine in it and now I'm buzzing, work is going to be so fun. :aaahhh:

Far said:

Hopefully your relationship won;t be like BSG, and get worse every season... then again even so it was still better then most shows... so whatever.

I have a job interview monday!

I know it isn't exactly EPIC WIN, but it's the first place that has actually had interviews since... shit, like march!

SHAVE AND A HAIRCUUUUUT

Bubble181 said:
Cheesy1 said:
Bumble the Boy Wonder said:
SHAVE AND A HAIRCUUUUUT
TOOOO BIIIIIIG!!

...I always thoguht it was "two bit", as in, at a ridiculously cheap price. Am I wrong? :tear:
Actually, you're right! It was originally used in the days of vaudeville as a kind of ender for a skit. So, the proper version is...

Shave and a haircut! Two bits!

Bubble181 said:
Cheesy1 said:
Bumble the Boy Wonder said:
SHAVE AND A HAIRCUUUUUT
TOOOO BIIIIIIG!!

...I always thoguht it was "two bit", as in, at a ridiculously cheap price. Am I wrong? :tear:
Hmmm, you may be right. It has been a good decade or so since I've seen Roger Rabbit. Guess I need to get myself a copy to make sure. Don't know why it's been so long since I've seen it. I LOVED that movie when I was a kid!

filmfanatic said:
Actually, you're right! It was originally used in the days of vaudeville as a kind of ender for a skit. So, the proper version is...

Shave and a haircut! Two bits!
I stand corrected!

figmentPez

Staff member
Bubble181 said:
Is is two bits (a bit being an eighth, so 25 cents), though I don't think it was an unusually cheap price for the service back when the phrase was first coined.

W

Wasabi Poptart

Did you get two of those keys and an impact gel wrist rest for only $19.95?

I REALLY LIKE THE IMPACT GEL SHOE INSOLES I THINK THEY ARE THE GREATEST THING RIGHT EVER! AND IF YOU FIND MY PHONE NUMBER AND CALL ME TODAY I'LL THROW IN A PAIR OF STAINED UNDIES FOR FREE!

CrimsonSoul said:
I REALLY LIKE THE IMPACT GEL SHOE INSOLES I THINK THEY ARE THE GREATEST THING RIGHT EVER! AND IF YOU FIND MY PHONE NUMBER AND CALL ME TODAY I'LL THROW IN A PAIR OF STAINED UNDIES FOR FREE!
DID I SAY A PAIR!? I MEANT TWO PAIRS!

THAT'S EVEN BETTER! BUT IF YOU SPEND TWENTY DOLLARS WITH ME I'LL SPEND TWENTY DOLLARS WITH YOU AND THROUGH IN A SECOND SET OF EVERYTHING ADVERTISED ABSOLUTELY FREE!

DID WE MENTION THIS OFFER IS ONLY VALID FOR THE FIRST 50 COSTUMERS THAT CALL WITHIN THE NEXT 10 MINUTES!? CAUSE IT IS! CALL NOOOOOW

HURRY UP FOLKS AS SOON AS THIS THREAD HITS TWENTY PAGES THIS DEAL IS DONE FOR GOOD UNTIL THE NEXT ONE THAT WILL BE POSTED IN THE NEXT THREAD!

Cajungal

Staff member
Weeeeeeell, my sometimes ding-y cousin just made my night.

She had a facebook status on her page mentioning that her son said something to make her cry (happy tears). Her sister posted a message underneath that says: "Damnit, I read that and got all EMO!"

My cousin replies: "Don't you mean 'Elmo?' Micah (her son) must have you really tired!"

I know my cousin, and that was not a joke... which makes it much funnier. :rofl:

Cajungal said:

She had a facebook status on her page mentioning that her son said something to make her cry (happy tears). Her sister posted a message underneath that says: "Damnit, I read that and got all EMO!"

My cousin replies: "Don't you mean 'Elmo?' Micah (her son) must have you really tired!"

I know my cousin, and that was not a joke... which makes it much funnier. :rofl:
Hey! Tell your cousin she can't steal kids names like that. Our third boy is Micah.

-Adam

Cajungal

Staff member
stienman said:
Cajungal said:

Hey! Tell your cousin she can't steal kids names like that. Our third boy is Micah.

-Adam
Can't feel bad about stealing names from what can legally be referred to as a litter.

Cajungal said:
stienman said:
Cajungal said:

-Adam
Can't feel bad about stealing names from what can legally be referred to as a litter.

Status
Not open for further replies.