The EPIC WIN Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Iaculus

Yeah, I was using the Nebula Awards classification. Not intending to/can't get this published - it's fanfic, after all - but it's certainly something to think about.

Iaculus said:
Yeah, I was using the Nebula Awards classification. Not intending to/can't get this published - it's fanfic, after all - but it's certainly something to think about.
If you need more words, I think Neal Stephenson has some to spare...

Cajungal

Staff member
I completely forgot until just now that tomorrow's my last day of work for the week. :D I'm taking off Friday for my brother's birthday celebration. Yaaay ^_^

Z

Zarvox

I love my work! I got a job over the summer as a counselor at a nerd camp in Texas (Duke TiP, if you're familiar with it), and this marks a half-week of real work. The work isn't particularly hard, the pay is good for such camps, and the kids are a joy to work with. Win!

Just got back from going to Las Vegas with my family. Got to see Phantom of the Opera at The Venetian. Much ass was thoroughly kicked.

More squee-worthy than epic, but Neil Innes (aka the 7th Python) is now following me on Twitter. :aaahhh:

Cajungal said:
Win any $? ;D
Hahaha, winning in Vegas?! That was a good one, Cajun! Haha, oh man, my sides hurt!

Nope, no money, just some pics:

The Bellagio

Bellagio Fountains

Sky Ceiling at Caesar's Palace

Fountain in front of the Paris hotel

The Eiffel Tower at Paris

The Phantom Floor in front of the theater entrance at the Venetian

Not epic, maybe, but has some win:

I rewired the phone wiring in my basement and moved the ADSL router closer to the demarcation point.

I was rewarded with an increased noise margin of 4 and 6 dB, and a decreased attenuation of 1dB.

Now when they increase my speed from 1.5/0.5 to 6/1.5 tomorrow, it might actually work.

I can replace one more wire between the demarc and the modem, though, and the modem is old enough that a newer one might also improve those numbers due to better signal processing.

Here's hoping for higher internet speeds....

-Adam

figmentPez

Staff member
Not anywhere near epic, but I'm still very happy that Dragon Tails is updating again! Started up again on June 7th, apparently. Goofy little strip, but I just love it so much!

Of course, one of the best characters, Billy the robot, hasn't been around in a while:

Cajungal

Staff member
Well, my brother fucking rocked the house at Bisbano's. I actually welled up there for a sec when I realized how he's all grown up and everything.... playing freakin gorgeous funky jazz like a big man. :tear: I swear, people are going to start learning his name very very soon. ^_^ I'm so proud. I have such talented and interesting siblings.

fade

Staff member
I keep forgetting you're near here too. Were there a lot of people there with the university on break for the summer?

B

Batdan

Cheesy1 said:
Just got back from going to Las Vegas with my family. Got to see Phantom of the Opera at The Venetian. Much ass was thoroughly kicked.
That is a quality show and well worth the ticket price. I tell everyone I know who's going to Vegas to see that show.

Cajungal

Staff member
fade said:
I keep forgetting you're near here too. Were there a lot of people there with the university on break for the summer?
Actually, the turnout wasn't as big as usual. But that's good, it wasn't noisy. We could hear the music really well. I love the Bisbano's cellar. :D

I just paid for my plane tickets. I'm officially embarking on my VIRGINIA trip now! Can't wait to see my baby again!

Today I found out that I am among the Top Five Hottest Guys at my store as voted in by several of the girls that I work with.

M

Mr_Chaz

Gusto said:
Today I found out that I am among the Top Five Hottest Guys at my store as voted in by several of the girls that I work with.
Aww poor Gusto, he hasn't realised yet that there are only six guys working there :(

Possibly found a new place, finally, that is amazing. Super nice house nestled into the woods that I'd be sharing with a few people that's even closer to work than the place I'm in now. There's a great stream and waterfall right next to it and everything.

And things have been going extremely well with the girl I've been seeing.

Oh, and I'm back.

W

Wasabi Poptart

We have a babysitter! YES YES YES! I finally get to see Star Trek on Friday!! :aaahhh:

S

Steven Soderburgin

I didn't read a single post in this thread, but I wanted to come in and say that I am awesome.

-- Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:40 pm --

Like, seriously, I'm an incredible person.

Got my domain, installed WordPress, artist is working on my banner...excited about this project!

Denbrought said:
ZenMonkey said:
Got my domain, installed WordPress, artist is working on my banner...excited about this project!
I forgot, what zen teachings are you going to impart in the blog?

"How to make interesting, thoughtful and witty posts on a forum without coming off as a douchebag or prick 101". She's hoping 3/4 of this forum will become regular readers :-P

(not meant as a dig at you, just at the forum in general) :-P

Cajungal

Staff member
You know when you can read a person really well? And then you realize that one small something they say or a gesture that they make is absolutely not what you thought it meant at all?

I just realized that one tiny misunderstanding in the way I read the fellow accounts for about 80% of the misunderstandings we've had recently. We must have laughed about this for an hour tonight, and now I feel so happy. So far we haven't stopped finding new things to learn. :) Great, great, GREAT freakin night. Good coffee, a good burger, excellent conversation, and a big laugh to finish it all off.

Got back from Graspop Metal Meeting today.

Crüe, Heaven&Hell, Anthrax, Death Angel, Exodus, Sacred Reich, Suicidal Tendencies. And more.

FUCK YEAH!

Got my new 15" MacBook Pro today. Have FINALLY finished the fairly torturous migration process I put myself through, but it was worth it. Everything is working like before and I kept my new Leopard system free of all the junk from my old computer. I'm both very happy to be back on a laptop as well as kinda proud of some of the hacks I had to figure out to get everything going again.

Status
Not open for further replies.