The EPIC WIN Thread 3: SON OF EPIC

Well... what's it about? I wouldn't be surprised if someone puts subs on it at least, so if it sounds interesting, I'd be willing to watch a subbed film.

Quick plot summary:

Jussi Vares is hired to investigate the gruesome murder of a young woman, whose body is found in a small village under the sway of a charismatic cult leader. Then shit done gets real.

North_Ranger

Staff member
Pretty much what drifter said. The story also involves the cult leader's horny wife, a mental institution and a character called 'Shit-Jacket'. Jussi Vares is basically a Finnish version of Philip Marlowe; a ragged, cursing P.I. who likes his alcohols strong and his women hot.

Been sitting on this for a while mostly because it just didn't feel real yet. As of December 17 I began full-time employment with IBM, after graduating with a B.S. in Computer Science from NCSU. Today is the first day that most people are back from their vacations so it finally feels like I started.
Added at: 12:45
Also congrats on all the weddings in this thread.
I'm minoring in computer science. I figure if the psychology doesn't work out, at least I can fall back on knowing enough to mess up, I mean fix, peoples programs.

I just wanted to say that I had an awesome weekend. Went home for the belated family Christmas. Didn't get much of a bounty but didn't expect to anyway, that's how it works at my house. Christmas is pretty light since money tight. But my gifts for the family seemed to go over well. I got my sister, who is pregnant, the Baby Magic Bullet, my brother the Red Box and two George R.R. Martin novels, my brother-in-law an IIHF Team Canada jersey, and most importantly, my nephew LOVED the toy monster trucks and Cars race track I got him. Had an awesome few days playing around with him all day, and getting drunk and watching hockey games at night.

Then Sunday my friend and I went to see the Toronto Rock's (Lacrosse) first game of the 2012 season, and even though they lost to Calgary 12-9, it was freaking AWESOME and we definitely are going back as soon as we can.

Dave

Staff member
We got the house. Let the stress begin to lessen.

It's about $200 less than what we pay now and the approval came less than 24 hours before I became homeless.

Now come the moving expenses.

I'm really enjoying my new Alienware laptop.

I just tried running Skyrim on Ultra settings (1920x1080 AA 8x Antistropic Filtering 16x, FXAA, everything else to max) I got 30-50+ FPS in Whiterun, and 50+ FPS outside and even in combat. BF3 at max too also runs flawlessly. I'm quite happy with it.

After 3 and a 3/4 years on this department, I finally got my takehome car today: a 2007 Crown Victoria with 79683.1 miles on it. It came with an obsolete camera system of dubious functionality, and a set of stop sticks that I'm not trained in the use of.

I don't care. It's mine.

Combined with the fact that I just found out that I'm getting issued a tazer in the near future, and my professional life just got an adrenaline boost. *grins*

Wife got a job this week (for real this time).
State tax refund came in.
Paycheck when I'm not giving the government a loan is comparable to what I was making before taking wife onto insurance.
Ebay auctions are building much higher than expected and the Warhammer 40,000 bids may get crazier before it's all over.

Things are finally looking up after a rough couple of months.

You know Esc, I saw that you were the most recent poster in this thread and I thought "I really hope he's updating us with awesome news and not just responding to someonelse" after the post in the rant thread.

Good news to hear.

Oh, I thought I deleted that. Yeah, it's been scary; my bank let me know I had 88 cents left the other day. We're ascending quickly now and I hope never to be in that position again.

Thanks, Shego.

I have always been unusually good at baking things. I'm the only woman of my current generation in my family that can bake bread from scartch or dish out moist brownies. I am, however, lacking in the cooking department. So tonight I attempter something I always wanted to do.

I made home made soup! It came out very well!

M

makare

what kind of soup? i made a veggie soup with beet leaves last night... sooo good.

I have so many cookbooks right now and so much I'd like ot try...but I have no idea what to do next.

Perhaps I should start a thread asking where I should go from here?

You could do that. I know there are several culinarily inclined individuals around here, and I'm sure we could give you some sort of advice on what to try next. We'd need to know in more detail what your current comfort level with cooking is, what specifically you have problems with or what your cooking fears are (what has prevented you from branching out before now), what you'd like to try more of, what you like to eat, what you absolutely detest, that sort of thing.

M

makare

Sometimes I set my stumble to recipes and I find good stuff there.

Also any homemaking website generally has really good easy to follow recipes.

Made a variant of Miso soup for lunch today with tofu. Convinced children that the beans tofu comes from are jelly beans.

A letter from the university arrived at my parents' place today. I didn't see it, since I'm not living there.

Anyway, apparently I've made it on the Dean's List. Everyone's super excited and proud of me, but honestly? I don't even understand what the significance is. I've always heard about it, and people being ridiculously happy to be on it, but I don't really see why it's such a big deal. Last term were probably the best marks of my life, with a 3.7 average and almost all A's except for one B+.