The EPIC WIN Thread 3: SON OF EPIC

Ooh just saw your tattoo on there facebook page and it looks like it covers the collar bones and I got all "earrgh nyarg nyarg"

I actually fell asleep during the shading/colouring and scared the hell out of my tattoo artist. Because tattoo gun piercing my skin did not wake me....the freezing cold cleaner he used jolted me awake and made me go "Gyah!" Which in turn made him jump back in fear. Good times

Nick, you're doing that thing again where you see criticism and aggression where there is none. We liked the puns. Higgins was just being irreverent, which is his thing.
No, I'm doing that thing where I'm being needlessly criticized (and they're being a dick about the way it's being done) for just wanting to show something funny between my girlfriend and I.

No, I'm doing that thing where I'm being needlessly criticized (and they're being a dick about the way it's being done) for just wanting to show something funny between my girlfriend and I.
Nick, you're considered a valued member of this forum.
As such, you're family.
As such, you will be treated like family.
This means one of the other forumites will punch you in the arm from time to time, or try to scare you with a rubber spider, or that sort of thing.
It's a gesture of familiarity.
If you don't like it, please say so.
But don't hide yourself away.

--Patrick

No. Sorry, but you are taking it all wrong. They were making silly jokes about a silly pun battle. Stop, go back, and read it again. You're overreacting.

No. Sorry, but you are taking it all wrong. They were making silly jokes about a silly pun battle. Stop, go back, and read it again. You're overreacting.
I suspect that kind of needling touches a nerve with Nick that is more reminiscent of his dad criticizing him (a wild guess). It is friendly teasing to us but if it prods a tender nerve, then it isn't fun.

I slept on it and no, it still bothers me. Don't know why, but it does.

The fact that he never even bothered to say, "I'm sorry, I never intended to upset you" (even privately) just bothers me more.

Last edited:
I suspect that kind of needling touches a nerve with Nick that is more reminiscent of his dad criticizing him (a wild guess). It is friendly teasing to us but if it prods a tender nerve, then it isn't fun.
Or else it's early-onset dementia.
Sure hope it's the Dad thing.

--Patrick

Awwww c'mon, I was hoping for epic wins, not drama! If I wanted that, I'd go to the other epic/minor threads (which I will do shortly).

All done moving except for a couple small things and 3 large things. This weekend we are watching the dog owned by the inlaws and tomorrow we will be at our new home. This has been worth the late nights at crap jobs and classes to lead up to what feels like a very productive life. Still need to ship for basic essentials to get us through the week and prepare for meals and such, but this feels wonderful. I don't think I've ever felt this good about my future.

The video is set as unlisted and a friend of mine said that it's not available. So hopefully, it works for you guys.

My girlfriend made this to celebrate our 1-year anniversary today. Can't believe this roller-coaster has only been a year. But I wouldn't change it. As Doctor Who said, "I will not forget one line of this. Not one day. I swear." It's no wonder why I love her so much.

I stole this and made my own version for my 8 year wedding anniversary next Monday! (been together since 2002 married in 2007)