The EPIC WIN Thread 3: SON OF EPIC

Had a great trip with the family to San Antonio this weekend. Left on Thursday, got there with no issues at all, loved the new posted 75mph signs on the Interstate between Houston and SA. Walked all of downtown SA that afternoon evening, saw the Alamo (they have done LOTS of work on it since the last time I was there), Riverwalk, great Mexican food at Casa Rio and just having fun. Friday was Sea World and it was awesome, got some great pictures and lots of good conversation with the trainers and opportunities to see the whales, dolphins and sea lions up close. Saturday was just a goof off where we did some shopping at the Market Square (Mexican Market) and other places, got to meet some friends for lunch, more shopping and Dough Pizzeria for supper (pictures in the Dinner thread). I think I've decided to try more places here in Texas that Guy Fieri has shown on Diner, Drive-Ins & Dives since the two I've eaten at have been great. Driving home Saturday night our hometown was hit by a fairly severe storm and we got to drive through it for a couple of hours but nothing terrible came of it.

60 days to Walt Disney World now!

Had my niece's High School Graduation party at my parents house. I cooked the brisket and beans. And there was potato salad and other good stuff.

My puppy got along well with all the little kids, and the old dog slept in the same room with 5 kids.

My Mother is now using a walker, and can even go short distances now on her leg. She should be able walk normally (for her) in a few months.

This month ends my tenure doing obscene filework. I'm getting more field work with my boss in August. This means more hectic and uneven schedule but on the other hand, no more fucking filing!

A group of writers are doing a public reading at Westminister Books (a local bookstore) tomorrow night. And guess who's been invited?

Oh yeah. That's right. I'll be doing a chapter reading from the first adventure of Dill.

And just to get in the right mood for it, I'm suiting up. Tie, nice shoes, fedora. The whole works.

And yes, there shall be pics.

A group of writers are doing a public reading at Westminister Books (a local bookstore) tomorrow night. And guess who's been invited?

Oh yeah. That's right. I'll be doing a chapter reading from the first adventure of Dill.

And just to get in the right mood for it, I'm suiting up. Tie, nice shoes, fedora. The whole works.

And yes, there shall be pics.
Make sure no one else is also wearing a fedora.

It is a boy! The odds of having seven boys in a row are less than one percent.

Therefore I AM THE ONE PERCENT!
I mean this is the nicest way possible so don't take it the wrong way but...
I feel bad for mom. ;) Also, how many will be teenagers at once? Better start saving up for those grocery bills!

Also, how many will be teenagers at once? Better start saving up for those grocery bills!
Oh geez, I just thought about this. It will be like living in a house with a plague of locusts. Good luck to you, steinman, and congratulations!

Starting a new career Monday.

Today is my last day here.

This is offically the least work I've done in a day in a LONG time.

That's my epic fail/win. Your epic win is having a husband who gets the kids up and out of the house while you are sleeping and doesn't return until after lunch and brings you chocolate as well.

Achievement Unlocked: Finish your Elementary Math Lesson Plan (Silver)
Achievement Unlocked: Complete your Teaching Elementary Math course! (Gold)

You've unlocked a bonus level: A late summer vacation!

To follow up my last post, I have been accepted to attend The Army Parachute Team (AKA Golden Knights) Assessment and Selection. The second half of this year is already better than the first.