The EPIC WIN Thread 3: SON OF EPIC

Sleigh Bells cancelled a show last month, to which my coworker had tickets, but unfortunately will be out of town for the make-up date.

So now I've got two preemo tics for basically nothing. The tragedy is I really only needed one because of my crushing loneliness.

So if you're in the DC area and don't mind a little stranger danger on a Tuesday night, do the damn thing.

If you have no idea what the shit I'm talking about that's cool too.

Totally free, apparently the regulars don't think less then a weeks notice for a concert on a weeknight is enough of a heads up. Or aren't fans?

Like they've got more important things to do. I'm not bitter or anything. Would've been cool though. :(

In Italy.
Brother just got married.
Had a foodgasam at lunch.
Let the celebratory drinking begin!

Ciao, bitches.

ElJuski

Staff member
Totally free, apparently the regulars don't think less then a weeks notice for a concert on a weeknight is enough of a heads up. Or aren't fans?

Like they've got more important things to do. I'm not bitter or anything. Would've been cool though. :(
So...this free ticket is still available, is what I'm assumimg?

Because I will go. I will do this. And I will love it. Sleigh Bells are bitchin'.

Yeah, doors open at 7. Not sure about that opening act, described as "transcendental black metal".

Debating transportation , taking the metro recently has been balls, but driving into DC is also balls.

Right now I am sittimg at the Seattle Symphony hall waiting for the Legend of Zelda Symphony to start and I am freaking stoked beyond belief.

Fuck Yeah!! I am so stoked.

Attachments

ElJuski

Staff member
well, at least not yet. This morning was a rough start. And my ear really f'n hurts. And I'm sad I didn't get my breasts signed by the singer.

NICE!

Also: MisCon, whose guest of honor this year is George R. R. Martin, will have the actual Iron Throne prop from the HBO Game of Thrones TV series.
I'll be shocked if its the ACTUAL one and not the plastic one they take with them whenever they have an exhibit or appearance anywhere else. It's a decent enough replica, but you can tell its not the same one that's in the actual show.

I'll be shocked if its the ACTUAL one and not the plastic one they take with them whenever they have an exhibit or appearance anywhere else. It's a decent enough replica, but you can tell its not the same one that's in the actual show.
Yeah, it's the one that was at Renovation last August. That's still pretty goddamn cool.

Yeah, it's the one that was at Renovation last August. That's still pretty goddamn cool.
I imagine the one on set is probably like 600 lbs, and they wouldn't want to risk damaging it transporting it all accross the world for fans to get their pictures taken. It makes snese, but I was still a tad disappointed when I saw it at the TIFF exhibit. Nonetheless it's a pretty replica, and it was exciting to get my pic taken on it.