The EPIC WIN Thread 3: SON OF EPIC

Just got promoted 6 months ahead of schedule. Said they were really really happy with me and want to formally end my training period and get me doing projects on my own.

Not getting an regular pay-raise yet, but am now earning a decent commission on everything I do on top of an already fairly acceptable salary.

Cajungal

Staff member
That's really great! :) Feels good to be appreciated.

I'm very happy that my brother's going to officiate my wedding. My best pal growing up... never thought mom would warm up to the idea, but she managed to hear about it without cringing recently!

My Walt Disney World vacation for September is booked and we've got all the planning done to make our dining reservations in 2 weeks. We're going with another couple for an adults only trip and have had so much fun planning and talking about it for the last two nights. My friend's wife doesn't know, but we're going to be celebrating her birthday for the entire week we are there. Gonna have so much fun.

2400 is a lot but i know a lot more people with deductibles like 6-10,000. That really sucks.
Added at: 07:41

Go get the full body scan then go nuts. :p
Man, this just goes to show the state of the perpetual medical facility/insurance inflation cycle.

What the hell is the point of having insurance at all? My best friend's brother just had his deductible go from 3000.00 to 35,000.00

Paying that 2400 deductible now means another 6,000 we won't have to pay this year at least. More if my wife needs to go to the doctor extra times which, knowing my wife, is going to happen. She has some expensive meds and this is the only way we can afford them.

A tree that I thought had died in last years drought is putting on leaves. There are other trees that have died in my yard, but this was my favorite.

Just finished rooting my new Nook Tablet 16gb and can I say this thing is a dream? Just loaded the first 90 issues of Walking Dead as well as some really fantastic apps for when I'm on my lunch break.

Seriously. This is amazing tech.

Didn't relax much this weekend, but I got a lot done.

-Finished rewriting a manuscript, somehow ended up with 28,000 more words than last time. Some more edits and then my wife will take over a proofing duties.

-Completed work (thanks to my wife finishing the final illustration) for the second volume of fairy tales. Ready and uploaded to Createspace and Amazon, I can hit the button anytime. I prefer that to scrambling at the deadline (or after it).

Next weekend is chill time, and I'm looking forward to it.

I finished a bottle of Bombay Sapphire gin, a bottle of Tequila, 5 martinis and 2 bottles of Canadian ice wine with another waiting for me for later. All in all, awesome.

Especially the ice wine.

Well I didnt mean TODAY. It was over the weekend

But it's almost 4. Time for happy hour.

At least it would be if I werent going to work some more.

I LUV YOU SHANGHAI.

Job offer bitches! WOOOOO!! Gainful employment here I come! (And of course, now two other groups want to hire me as well. Sheesh.)

And I'll get to go back to BC! YAY!

My dear husband just got offered a new position at different place. 30K a year may not sound like a lot to some of yall but comared to his 23k its good boon. :)

Job offer bitches! WOOOOO!! Gainful employment here I come! (And of course, now two other groups want to hire me as well. Sheesh.)

And I'll get to go back to BC! YAY!

Naaaaooooo. Stay out of my fair province! Where in BC you headed? Up north?