The EPIC WIN Thread 3: SON OF EPIC

So my wife, since our first pregnancy, has wanted to be a surrogate for a family that, for one reason or another, can't have children naturally. Obviously, something like this comes with its own unique brand of complications, and for those reasons, surrogacy companies won't touch you until you're done having your own children.

Well... we had decided that 2 was enough for us. We've been going through the preliminary process, which has been going FAST AS HELL. As of yesterday, she has been provisionally medically cleared, with the doctor declaring her to be "as an ideal a surrogate candidate" as he could have asked for.

We've been matched with a family from Denmark, who have proven to be unable to have children of their own... she wanted to have a gay couple, but she's more than happy to do this for them.

So my wife, since our first pregnancy, has wanted to be a surrogate for a family that, for one reason or another, can't have children naturally. Obviously, something like this comes with its own unique brand of complications, and for those reasons, surrogacy companies won't touch you until you're done having your own children.

Well... we had decided that 2 was enough for us. We've been going through the preliminary process, which has been going FAST AS HELL. As of yesterday, she has been provisionally medically cleared, with the doctor declaring her to be "as an ideal a surrogate candidate" as he could have asked for.

We've been matched with a family from Denmark, who have proven to be unable to have children of their own... she wanted to have a gay couple, but she's more than happy to do this for them.
That's really cool, good for her. Though, I'm sure it'll bring its own set of challenges to herself and you.

Like, is it considered faux pas to have sex with your wife when she's carrying another family's kid? ... do normal people think of questions like this?

There are some people out there, apparently, that DO include a 100% celibacy clause in their surrogacy contract. This family, thankfully, is not one of them! So long as I don't do anything that might jeopardize the implantation of the desired embryo ("contaminate" her womb with my mighty seed! ... Again...), then they're fine with us continuing as normal.

I will be honest, it took me a while to wrap my head around the whole thing, until I realized that my wife is simply utilizing her skillset to help others, just as I do. I enjoy protecting the weak and helpless, she enjoys carrying children and being a mother. We're both doing what we love.

There are some people out there, apparently, that DO include a 100% celibacy clause in their surrogacy contract. This family, thankfully, is not one of them! So long as I don't do anything that might jeopardize the implantation of the desired embryo ("contaminate" her womb with my mighty seed! ... Again...), then they're fine with us continuing as normal.

I will be honest, it took me a while to wrap my head around the whole thing, until I realized that my wife is simply utilizing her skillset to help others, just as I do. I enjoy protecting the weak and helpless, she enjoys carrying children and being a mother. We're both doing what we love.
While continuening to do who you love!

Cajungal

Staff member
Celibacy clause. *shudder* Bad idea. That level of stress can't be good for a fetus. Good luck to your lady. I'm glad she gets to do this. :)

A new position was opened in my work today, and they offered it to me. It's three times the money I'm making today and a lot more of responsibilities. It's only a possibility now, and frankly, I doubt my capacity to do it. I need to answer tomorrow.
do it! BELIEVE IN THE BONES THAT BELIEVES IN YOU, BRO!

Reactions: Cog
A new position was opened in my work today, and they offered it to me. It's three times the money I'm making today and a lot more of responsibilities. It's only a possibility now, and frankly, I doubt my capacity to do it. I need to answer tomorrow.
Dooooo Eeeeeet

Oh I have news, too! My kids' school has an annual field trip to the Big Island for the 3rd & 4th graders. It is part of their curriculum. I organized a fundraiser to help offset some of the cost (a "paint and sip party" if you know what that is). The school's board of governors were very skeptical that it would be a success. So far it has raised at least $650 - possibly more since the instructor for the party also has a few people interested.

Oh I have news, too! My kids' school has an annual field trip to the Big Island for the 3rd & 4th graders. It is part of their curriculum. I organized a fundraiser to help offset some of the cost (a "paint and sip party" if you know what that is). The school's board of governors were very skeptical that it would be a success. So far it has raised at least $650 - possibly more since the instructor for the party also has a few people interested.
I've heard them called BYOB - bring your own... brush.

Necronic

Staff member
Was going to put this in the minor victory thread, but apparently it's actually kind of a big deal (if you care about this stuff, which...to be honest I don't). My wife and her friend got tickets to be in the SNL audience this weekend so they are going to New York this Saturday.