[TV] The Doctor Who Thread

It's the waiting 2000 years for her.

I love that there's no love triangle. He's insecure, but it's all in his head.

Who's to say it's a timelord baby? Someone'd mentioned in the first two episodes this season of...side effects from travelling in the TARDIS all this time. Her and Rory've been gettin' busy a lot. But it's been in the TARDIS. Who the hell knows how sex and reproduction works in a time machine that's constantly in flux.

And yeah, as soon as they introduced The Skin, I immediately thought the Nestene Consciousness, as well. That threat's actually been around longer than that first episode in Eccelston's run.
Wouldn't know, i've only been watching from last season actually, and been watching some 1st episodes hre and there from botht he old and new series besides that.

Insane speculation time!

we know that river 'killed a good man', and that she's in the stormcage for that reason.initial speculation is that she killed the doctor right?

I'm wondering if it might be rory, for good this time. one of the next episodes is 'a good man goes to war'. rorys been around for over two thousand years, he was there when rome burnt down. he's technically older than the doctor. and he's been showing more compassion than either the doctor or amy in the last episode. Its safe to assume that the Silence aren't done yet, and maybe he plays a much bigger role in taking them down than previously assumed.

WHAT?! I don't even...
pretty much this.

of course ,this means we never saw her leave that room in the orphanage in day of the moon, the one with all the silents on the ceiling.
I thought that they'd rescued amy too easily in that first part.

also, for anyone who wants iit... trailer for next week.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/dw/videos/p00h7m4l

holy.shit.

cybermans! silurians! laserswords! spaceships!
is that roman rory i see? my theory is gaining ground! "where.is.my.WIFE."

figmentPez

Staff member
Does anyone know when the latest episode will air on BBC America? Because there was no new episode last night :(
Should be next week. The previews siad "in two weeks". I guess they didn't want to show a new episode on Memorial Day weekend.

Also, seeing The Doctor interact with John Smith was hilarious.

"Yowza!"
"Do we tend to say 'yowza'"?
"Let it go."

NEED. NEXT. EPISODE. NOW.

Someone get on that, will they? There's a good lad.

HOLY SHIT. more coming when more people have seen the episode.

just one thing.

Doctor who will return in "LETS KILL HITLER!"

Kinda saw that coming a mile away, honestly.

Though, two things come to mind with "Let's Kill Hitler":
1) Wonder if this is the first time he meets Churchill. :D
2) We had a scene in the first episode this season where The Doctor is digging through WW2 tunnels and pops up into Hitler's spot. Wonder if we'll get a repeat of that? In fact, I bet all the little adventures The Doctor had will be next season's episodes. Right up to...oh...oh dear.

And now Nick, time for you to die...

Amy Pond was discovered completely naked in the hallway of her posh NYC hotel randomly knocking on doors asking for help to try to find her room.

I hope you mean the prequel. Otherwise BBC America can continue to go fuck itself as they're not showing it until the 27th.

Argh. Yeah, you're right. I read a Bleeding Cool article way, WAY too fast earlier today.

Still, we got us a rezzed Doctor Who thread!

Fantastic vs. Alons-y vs. Geronimo. Discuss.

Right, SPOILERS, of course. Won't hide-text 'em since you'd know better.

Holy bait-and-switch, Batman! When Mels first showed up, right before she climbed out of the car, I jokingly said "Hello, sweetie." Looks like that instinct was right. The whole "Kill Hitler" thing didn't last very long and...I'm oddly very okay with that.

I have to admit, I didn't see River being a villain (if only temporarily). Really interesting ways they handled her regeneration, though, like getting shot by Nazis. Also, I flipping loved the Shrinky Justice people. Not their real name, yeah, but still awesome.

If I had one complaint, it was how the answers we got were sort of...just given. Like the Silence. So I'm confused, now. Is The Silence still those freaky grey alien guys or is it the organization we saw in the last episode?

But yeah, overall? Loved it. Can't wait for next week. GERONIMO!

PS: What'd everyone think of the trenchcoat The Doctor wore? I wasn't entirely crazy about it, but I dug it.

figmentPez

Staff member
I liked Rory, he kicked much ass. Karen Gillan is always fun to look at. Other than that... I was only having fun when I turned off my brain. I don't like where this episode took the story.

figmentPez

Staff member
Mel was a lame and rushed ret-con. River continues being a Mary Sue (doing awesome things does not make you awesome.) There was no suspense about the Doctor's death. Actually, the whole episode felt very heavy-handed in spelling everything out, to the point that it felt like I was being beaten over the head instead of enticed to figure out what was going on.