The Disney Thread: For Everything Concerning the House of Mouse

As impressive as that cast list is, it seems a little unnecessary*. We have a musical movie, then musical based on that movie, and now we're making a movie based on the musical of the movie. Whyyyyyy, Disney??

(*Says the person who loved all the Hairsprays, although the original movie is pretty different from the musical.)

As impressive as that cast list is, it seems a little unnecessary*. We have a musical movie, then musical based on that movie, and now we're making a movie based on the musical of the movie. Whyyyyyy, Disney??

(*Says the person who loved all the Hairsprays, although the original movie is pretty different from the musical.)
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Disney only just realized that their audience will tolerate musicals once again, so they've been experimenting (Descendants, High School Musical, Summer Beach Movie) and getting ready for big screen adaptions.

Disney only just realized that their audience will tolerate musicals once again, so they've been experimenting (Descendants, High School Musical, Summer Beach Movie) and getting ready for big screen adaptions.
Right, but my point was the original movie WAS a musical. I know there's the $$$ factor, but this is getting ridiculous.

Right, but my point was the original movie WAS a musical. I know there's the $$$ factor, but this is getting ridiculous.
Eh. They've made live action versions of animated pictures before. I don't see how a live action Beauty and the Beast or Lion King would be improved by leaving out the songs. Adding in a few extra from the Broadway version is OK if they're good songs.

Obviously, you can complain about them remaking the same stories over and over again - and you'd be right - but I don't see how this is worse than any other remake.

Eh. They've made live action versions of animated pictures before. I don't see how a live action Beauty and the Beast or Lion King would be improved by leaving out the songs. Adding in a few extra from the Broadway version is OK if they're good songs.

Obviously, you can complain about them remaking the same stories over and over again - and you'd be right - but I don't see how this is worse than any other remake.
It wasn't a better or worse comment, more like...

Disney is infinitely looping itself. Next phase is that there will be a CG animated movie of the musical version of the movie where everyone looks like the cast of Frozen.

Last edited:

Kati has seen the musical, and while "Human Again" may not be a deal breaker she looks forward to any adaptation that includes the song "Me."
Now if they make a movie adaptation of "Lion King: The Musical?" That I will go see.
[DOUBLEPOST=1439814709,1439814600][/DOUBLEPOST]
Disney is infinitely looping itself. Next phase is that there will be a CG animated movie of the musical version of the movie where everyone looks like the cast of Frozen.
Now I want to see a chibi remake of Frozen.

--Patrick

Last edited:
http://www.tor.com/2015/08/17/disney-d23-expo-2015-star-wars-marvel-news/

If they are making Hollywood Studios into Toy Story Land, what are they going to do with rides like Tower of Terror and the Rock and Roller Coaster?
Honestly, those rides do well and I wouldn't expect for them to be closed down. They've closed down the Animated Academy and shut down all of the remaining bits from the Studio Tram (or whatever it was called, the one with Catastrophe Canyon). A few of the things that were just shows have been or are on their way to being shuttered.

Now, the question is what attractions will be shut down.

http://www.tor.com/2015/08/17/disney-d23-expo-2015-star-wars-marvel-news/

If they are making Hollywood Studios into Toy Story Land, what are they going to do with rides like Tower of Terror and the Rock and Roller Coaster?
Nothing, Toy Story Land and Star Wars land are both going on the other side of the park, the majority of the park itself is going to remain as is.

Honestly, those rides do well and I wouldn't expect for them to be closed down. They've closed down the Animated Academy and shut down all of the remaining bits from the Studio Tram (or whatever it was called, the one with Catastrophe Canyon). A few of the things that were just shows have been or are on their way to being shuttered.

Now, the question is what attractions will be shut down.
Backlot Tour is what you are thinking of. I, just personal here, believe that Lights, Motor, Action! is going away, too many weather issues and nothing new to the show in years, Voyage of the Little Mermaid, same basic attraction done better at Magic Kingdom with newer technology, and probably Playhouse Disney.

Looks like Star Wars Launch Bay is going into the Animation Academy location, same basic premise, meet and greets and some static info locations that can be changed out. Star Tours is getting additional locations/scenes in the ride this fall.

My questions are about Indiana Jones Stunt Show and The Muppets areas.

They were supposed to announce a new name for Hollywood Studios, and in the Parks presentation people seemed to be stumbling on the HS name, like they had been using something else as a name for a little while.

Nothing, Toy Story Land and Star Wars land are both going on the other side of the park, the majority of the park itself is going to remain as is.

Backlot Tour is what you are thinking of. I, just personal here, believe that Lights, Motor, Action! is going away, too many weather issues and nothing new to the show in years, Voyage of the Little Mermaid, same basic attraction done better at Magic Kingdom with newer technology, and probably Playhouse Disney.

Looks like Star Wars Launch Bay is going into the Animation Academy location, same basic premise, meet and greets and some static info locations that can be changed out. Star Tours is getting additional locations/scenes in the ride this fall.

My questions are about Indiana Jones Stunt Show and The Muppets areas.

They were supposed to announce a new name for Hollywood Studios, and in the Parks presentation people seemed to be stumbling on the HS name, like they had been using something else as a name for a little while.
They are currently pushing the new Muppets show. I don't see why they would get rid of it right as the show is about to come out.

They are currently pushing the new Muppets show. I don't see why they would get rid of it right as the show is about to come out.
I'd love to see more Muppet stuff, personally.
I agree with both of you, but the location of the Muppets attractions makes it's future in question, it's right on the boundary between the current Star Wars stuff and the expansion of Toy Story Land.

Personally, my wife and I would love to see the Mama Melrose restaurant be a Muppet themed experience with the Swedish Chef "running" the kitchen and the Muppets having stuff happening in the restaurant. Not puppeteers running around mind you, but automated things in the walls and arrangements that divide the place up.

I wish I could be an Imagineer.

I agree with both of you, but the location of the Muppets attractions makes it's future in question, it's right on the boundary between the current Star Wars stuff and the expansion of Toy Story Land.

Personally, my wife and I would love to see the Mama Melrose restaurant be a Muppet themed experience with the Swedish Chef "running" the kitchen and the Muppets having stuff happening in the restaurant. Not puppeteers running around mind you, but automated things in the walls and arrangements that divide the place up.

I wish I could be an Imagineer.
They might just move it somewhere else. *shrug*

I have to admit, I'm sort of chuckling at the mental image of Judge Dredd looking at the antics of Elliott with his almost perpetual frown.

Also, Robert Redford will also be in the movie.
I would have visualized it as "Pete's Ddragon"

Random Townperson shown to be littering.
Pete runs up.

Pete: [morty's voice]No! Don't do that. Dredd doesn't like littering.[/morty's voice]

Random Townperson: Go away, Pete! I'm tired of you telling people about your invisible lawman. (Continues to litter.)

Pete: [morty's voice]Oh God! He says that he is the law! This is never ends well![/morty's voice]

*blamblamblamblamblamblamblamblamblamblam*

DuckTales is getting a brand new series on Disney XD.

This has been in the works for awhile but no one was sure if it would take or not... there's also a chance for another Darkwing Duck series is this does well. The success of the comics for both is what spurred the decision, though they've long since dumped the comics... right before they bought Marvel, I think.