[Movies] The DC Cinematic Universe - The David Zazlav Dumpster Fire.

Um... nope. Gray blur hitting other gray blur with occasional orange flashes does not sound like my idea of a good time.

Any grimdarker and we've got an audiobook while blindfolded.

Honestly, even if I didn't think the trailer was crap or the movie as a whole will be complete and utter shit, I can't believe they seriously thought using a bad cover of Come Together was a good idea.

Honestly, even if I didn't think the trailer was crap or the movie as a whole will be complete and utter shit, I can't believe they seriously thought using a bad cover of Come Together was a good idea.
It's XTREME ROKK for their XTREME KOMIK BOOK MOVIE

Skipping. The set-pieces look like they were ripped off from Guardians of the Galaxy, its eternally night for NO reason at all, and the ending is going to hint at evil Superman. And can we stop using rock ballads for movie trailers, its gotten old!

"PEOPLE OF EARTH. I AM DARKSEID, YOUR NEW LORD AND MASTER. NOW KNEEL AND PRAY TO MY MOTHER, MARTHA."

Batman to Flash: "WHY DID HE SAY THAT NAME?"
Flash: "I know, right? That's my mother's name!"
Aquaman: "Hey, mine too!"
Cyborg: "And mine!"
Diana: "Me too!"

And Superman miraculously comes back to life at the mere mention of Martha's name.

Last edited:
I hope this bombs. It won't, but I can hope.

I'm confused: I though Watchmen came out in 2009.

Oh wait, that can't be Watchmen. I could see what's happening in that movie.

(Seriously, are they allergic to color? Most of the trailer I wasn't sure what was happening unless Wondy was on screen.)

"PEOPLE OF EARTH. I AM DARKSEID, YOUR NEW LORD AND MASTER. NOW KNEEL AND PRAY TO MY MOTHER, MARTHA."

And Superman miraculously comes back to life at mere mention of Martha's name.
Holy Martha, mother of supers, pray for us normals, . . .

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/07...tman-film-will-be-the-next-dc-universe-movie/

There were rumours that there'd be an announcement for Flash in 2016 and Justice League for 2017, but that didn't happen.

Anyway, I think this shows that WB is hesitant to do a Man of Steel sequel as word of mouth and reviews of it being too dark and such have left them not as joyous as, say, the Nolan Batman films. So they're taking their Bat-breadwinner and putting him with Superman.
Just saw the new trailer for Justice League. looks pretty cool!

Why are they making movies set in the '90s?[DOUBLEPOST=1490565504,1490565469][/DOUBLEPOST](although, no joke, I would love to see a smart-ish take on the WildCATs)

I saw the word "Wild" then saw Warren Ellis' name, and I'm all in. Needed nothing else.[DOUBLEPOST=1490567329,1490567171][/DOUBLEPOST]...and this is exactly what I wanted. Thanks, buddy! :)

And Superman miraculously comes back to life at the mere mention of Martha's name.

You know what i really hated about it? That it felt so unnatural for Kal to call her Martha, and that it would have worked with just saying "My Mother!", without the need to show us that at least one of the writers noticed their moms had the same name...

You know what i really hated about it? That it felt so unnatural for Kal to call her Martha, and that it would have worked with just saying "My Mother!", without the need to show us that at least one of the writers noticed their moms had the same name...
If you break it down, there are so many things about the scene that are messy and just don't make sense. That's only one of them.

You know that bit in Honest Trailers where they use nicknames for the characters? So far I've come up a few based on this asstastic trailer.

Aquaman: torn between "Conan the Fisherman" or "Khal Fishbro"
Cyborg: "30% Iron Man"
Flash: "Red Power Ranger Hyperspeed"
Wonder Woman: "Wonder Woman"
Batman: "Constipated Nite Owl"

You know that bit in Honest Trailers where they use nicknames for the characters? So far I've come up a few based on this asstastic trailer.

Aquaman: torn between "Conan the Fisherman" or "Khal Fishbro"
Cyborg: "30% Iron Man"
Flash: "Red Power Ranger Hyperspeed"
Wonder Woman: "Wonder Woman"
Batman: "Constipated Nite Owl"
Funny, I was doing something similar yesterday, based on how they've dulled down everyone's colors, and possibly personalities, so they don't over-shadow Batman*:
"Wet Batman"
"Metal Batman"
"Fast Robin"
"Drunk Ben Affleck"
Wonder Woman

(*I swear this is why they've picked this horrible palette for everyone and ditched Superman. Because if it's not centered around Batman, DC has no confidence. Sometimes I think the bomb that was Green Lantern made WB/DC outlaw color and humor forever. Praying Wonder Woman changes that.)

Funny, I was doing something similar yesterday, based on how they've dulled down everyone's colors, and possibly personalities, so they don't over-shadow Batman*:
"Wet Batman"
"Metal Batman"
"Fast Robin"
"Drunk Ben Affleck"
Wonder Woman

(*I swear this is why they've picked this horrible palette for everyone and ditched Superman. Because if it's not centered around Batman, DC has no confidence. Sometimes I think the bomb that was Green Lantern made WB/DC outlaw color and humor forever. Praying Wonder Woman changes that.)
It is encouraging that Wonder Woman has been allowed to break the moratorium on sunlight.

I liked 300. It was a weird stylized action movie. This is all style and no substance. Not a single practical effect to be had, everything looks CG'd to death, and it feels like it's going to be chock full of one-liners.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. DC should stick to animation.