[Movies] The DC Cinematic Universe - The David Zazlav Dumpster Fire.

In this trailer, mama Kent is all, "YOU AIN'T OWE US SHIT, SON, LET 'EM DIE."
This is what jumped out for me the most in the trailer.

It looks like the movie has some potential but good grief, they cannot do a decent job with Clark's parents.

The parents in Lois and Clark were a better portrayal than what we are getting out of the movies.

Warner Bros. has released the trailer that was shown at Comic-Con.

Three things:

This was a movie that needed to go with a GotG / Expendables type of owning it's own silliness and having fun with it. The trailer seems like not so much.

Harley looks like a prostitute. I've seen erotic cosplays of HQ that were less skimpy (at first).

Not a single shot of Captain Boomerang using a boomerang. Or even holding one.

Watched the trailer, not even gonna bother to watch the movie. This just doesn't... well, just doesn't. No interest, no curiosity, no money to the theater or disc release.

"Guys, guys, you know the drill, what is Marvel doing right now? "

"Didn't the Age of Ultron trailer have this choir boy singing some song in the background while violence was happening on screen? That movie seemed to make some money!"

"BRILLIANT! And we can end with a sudden close up reveal of the villain being creepy! Reginald you are a genius!"

I thought trailers were supposed to entice you to see a movie, not actively deter you from seeing it.

My thoughts on this trailer are the same as my thoughts on Fantastic Four.

Yawn, pass.

Ha ha ha, what a knockoff of the Age of Ultron trailer.

Choir sung classic song.

Bad guy being creepy at the end of the trailer.

Slow mo and mopey.

The only thing that seemed interesting at all in the trailer was Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn, and I fully admit that it could just be my bias because I like the idea of her as Harley.

So Suicide Squad is Guardians of the Galaxy in a world without colour and interesting characters?

Maybe Will Smith will sing the sound track!!

Honestly, the overall look of Deadshot's costume doesn't look terrible. To me, the worst part of it is the white mask. I know he has his silver mask in the comics, but this just looks so jarring compared to the rest of his costume. It just sticks out like a sore thumb and looks bad as a result.

I'm not. I think it's the best thing about the movie. He looks about as close as any character in the movie to their comic book version.

I do like Deadshot's costume. Though, I do have to make a minor nitpick that his eyepiece is on the wrong eye.

So Suicide Squad is Guardians of the Galaxy in a world without colour and interesting characters?

Maybe Will Smith will sing the sound track!!
I saw that movie twice in theaters, and on DVD at least a dozen times since then. You know what I thought watching that trailer?

"That movie looks awesome, I should watch it"

which is exactly the reaction I didn't get from Suicide Squad. I mean seriously, if they'd skipped the somber choir music and played "Click Click Boom" or "Let the bodies hit the floor" over the second half of that trailer, I think it would have played better.

As someone not particularly invested in any of these characters outside of cartoons and reading some of the most popular compilations:

Batman v Superman: I honestly think this could be good. The hardest part of the Superman movie for me to suspend disbelief for was not the flying dudes with laser vision, it was the triumphant moment of "we won" while standing the in the rubble of an entire city. If this actually deals with that fallout, it could be worth watching. Also, re Clark's parents: I know someone said it of the first one, but the so-called cynicism feels like actual things parents would say. I imagine it's not unlike your kid joining the army or the police force - you would want to be proud and encourage them, while part of you just doesn't want to expose them to risk.

Suicide Squad - You all nailed it. This was their chance to make something fun that didn't take itself so damned seriously, and based on the marketing, they dun fucked it up. Again. It should have been a silly movie with serious moments, not the other way around.

This is what I thought while and after watching the trailer for Batman vs Superman:
This will not be a Superman movie, but it seems it could touch on interesting themes, and it could be a good superhero movie. The 'superhero = god' to the common people is an obvious theme, and while in the previous movie there was a sort of ham-fisted and badly done allegory, if it's made explicit here (instead of trying for not-subtle subtlety) it could be decent.

Also, the mastermind plotting to pit the heroes against each other is a classic of comics, so I have absolutely no problem with it.