[Movies] The DC Cinematic Universe - The David Zazlav Dumpster Fire.

Ye gods that quote from Zack Snyder on the second page of your link. He might have well as said "I hate everything people think of when they hear the name Superman so I'm going to give them a take on the character that's completely different. Why does everyone prefer the Christopher Reeves version? Don't they understand my version's better dammit?"

figmentPez

Staff member
This short does not help me have any hope for the Shazam movie.

Also, the Green Arrow shorts are hideous. He has a talking computerized bow, and Black Canary looks like a Bratz doll went Super Saiyan.

This short does not help me have any hope for the Shazam movie.

Also, the Green Arrow shorts are hideous. He has a talking computerized bow, and Black Canary looks like a Bratz doll went Super Saiyan.
Honestly, I wouldn't use the DC Nation shorts as a real barometer for the other forms of DC Entertainment. Most of them are made just as quick gag things like that Shazam short, with most not being that good.

That said, I'd be down for them pursuing some sort of series based upon the Plastic Man shorts. I know that Tom Kenny's been trying for a while now to get a Plastic Man series off the ground.

fade

Staff member
They get pulled over on the way to fight the bad guy. Looks like (smash) you boys got a tailight out.

The Legion of Super-Heroes has a hard enough time finding an audience to keep a stable comic audience going. Can't imagine it'd have much more luck with the movies. Especially under WB's thumb.

I read a little of LoSH when I was a kid and remember there being too fucking many characters to be interested in any of them (like 15 or some nonsense?). I'm sure a movie would slim the roster down, but still.

I'm pretty sure Black Vulcan IS Black Lightning. Also, any show about Thunder and Lightning should probably also have Static in it.
The character was SUPPOSED to be Black Lightning, but legal disputes at the time with the creator of the character means that they basically had to plagiarize their own character.

You know, I thought the Tumbler-batmobile looked stupid at first, too. In still pictures, it doesn't work. In motion, though, it's pretty impressive. Still better than the Schumacher Batmobiles, anyway.