[Movies] The DC Cinematic Universe - The David Zazlav Dumpster Fire.

Okay, so apparently Batman v Superman will be even darker. Apparently there was a shot of the actor going to play Jimmy Olsen (Scoot McNairy) wearing green SFX socks on set. The answer is apparently that Jimmy Olsen will have been maimed during the climax of Man of Steel:
"Scoot is playing Jimmy Olsen, but with a bit of a twist. Jimmy was injured during the battle of Zod vs Superman. His legs were pinned under falling building rubble and that caused him to lose the legs. He now walks with the use of two prosthetic legs." The source goes on to add "He doesn't blame Superman for it (his loss of legs). He feels grateful that Superman saved the world."
That's, uh... hmm. Wow.

Hahaha love it, it's like they are embracing the fact that Man of Steel Superman was an asshole that didn't care about hurting people

Okay, so apparently Batman v Superman will be even darker. Apparently there was a shot of the actor going to play Jimmy Olsen (Scoot McNairy) wearing green SFX socks on set. The answer is apparently that Jimmy Olsen will have been maimed during the climax of Man of Steel:

That's, uh... hmm. Wow.
Holy shit, hahahahaha

"Nah Supes, you blew up Metropolis, Smallville and I'm sure thousands died or were severely injured like me, but I don't blame you for it. You saved the city! Kind of. I mean, at least Luthor didn't try to buy the land, I guess?"

Thats awesome.

There's also a rumor that Benedict Cumberbatch is playing a unnamed villain in BvS. If true I have this sneaking suspicion he's playing Brainiac and BvS is merely setting him up for the JL movie. Which would be fantastic. He'd kill in that roll. But take with a huge grain of salt.

Totally dude, thats why when they hired the writer of Scooby Doo and Scooby Doo 2: Scooby Does Daphne to do Guardians of the Galaxy I knew it would be a train wreck and I was right! ;)
The difference being GotG kept a lighter feel to it, and Gunn had other credits that could back up tackling a movie like GotG (Slither, Super, Dawn of the Dead, and even the couple Troma movies he's done for campy-cred).

This other guy did Jack the Giant Slayer and the upcoming Goosebumps movie. Okay sure, it's possible he could pen a good script, but considering what he's mainly worked on and the restrictions on comedy apparently in place, I don't know that he's got much of a shot.[DOUBLEPOST=1409770309,1409770250][/DOUBLEPOST]
He's also wrote some episodes of Lost and is one of the writers for the Goosebumps movie. I dunno... he MIGHT be a good fit but his work is uneven.
It's actually a movie called Lost that he wrote/directed.

The reality is that with people that don't have a really proven track record you could get just about anything. And then there's people with very proven track record's to come out and make absolutely terrible films so even then you could get anything.

I think Drew over at HitFix, whom I normally like, is totally wrong about the "no fun "thing. I suspect we will see a very fun and entertaining Black Adam/Shazam movie. I think the "no fun" thing is truly a pushback against the goofiness of things like Green Lantern. But either way, I suspect it will be interesting.

I think Drew over at HitFix, whom I normally like, is totally wrong about the "no fun "thing. I suspect we will see a very fun and entertaining Black Adam/Shazam movie. I think the "no fun" thing is truly a pushback against the goofiness of things like Green Lantern. But either way, I suspect it will be interesting.
I honestly hope you're right. I mean, Black Adam isn't really a "fun" character, but Shazam really could be. He's handled extremely well in Young Justice (kid in a man's body).

fade

Staff member
The New 52 already took away his pure heart, which was just about the most interesting thing about him.

It turns out that, rather than just straight Warner Bros., their subsidiary New Line Cinema is apparently producing the Shazam! film. New Line's president, Toby Emmerich, had some comments about the film.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=122579

"It feels to me like Shazam will have a tone unto itself," New Line president Toby Emmerich told the outlet. "It's a DC comic, but it's not a Justice League character, and it's not a Marvel comic. The tone and the feeling of the movie will be different from the other range of comic book movies."

Emmerich went on to clarify about the film's tone, adding it "will have a sense of fun and a sense of humor. But the stakes have to be real."

Translation: "We're going to go more Guardians of the Galaxy than Man of Steel, or, rather, we'll try. What we'll wind up with is a first half that tries too hard to be light and funny, with an absurdly dark second half with ill-timed attempts at humor."

I wonder if any new Shazam movie will basically end up being written and played like Superman: The Movie, only "updated" for the 21st century.

--Patrick