[Movies] The DC Cinematic Universe - The David Zazlav Dumpster Fire.

Well, it seems to be something WB, David Goyer, and DC in general seems to be trying very hard to ignore.
And that's why I'm not bothering with this series of their films. Batman, fine, but I've seen 40 minutes of Man of Steel and for me, that's not Superman. I just zero interest in anything further from Zack Snyder on this. Turning the DC universe into grimdark like the comics lately or Nolan's Batverse is nothing I want to see.

I liked the way that they made Batman dark and slightly more realistic in the Nolan films. I really did. But when I go see a Superman film, that is the complete wrong approach. Like so many others have said, I think DC has no fucking clue why Marvel films are doing well, and they are scrambling to copy as much as possible without understanding what audiences what to see. It's pathetic.

I think the main problem here is that Goyer isn't someone that likes comics. He seems to have a disdain for the entire genre. He doesn't see it as something fun that he wants to present to the world, he sees it as something 'those lame nerds' like, that he has to translate into something 'normal' people will enjoy.

Meanwhile, Marvel movies have been knocking it out of the park, by hiring people who love the stories and the genre, and want to present them to the world with all of that love and adoration intact.

I do agree with MovieBob: I'd LOVE Marvel to do a She-Hulk movie. I feel like she's a superhero who's storyline would lend itself to a lot of humor with still plenty of hero-action. I feel like Katie Dippold, who wrote The Heat, could make this happen.

I do agree with MovieBob: I'd LOVE Marvel to do a She-Hulk movie. I feel like she's a superhero who's storyline would lend itself to a lot of humor with still plenty of hero-action. I feel like Katie Dippold, who wrote The Heat, could make this happen.
Perfect post-credits scene for a 4th wall breaking She-Hulk movie? Deadpool eating popcorn as he watches the credits, as he gets a phone call... tell him he's up next.

Too bad Fox owns the rights and has no idea what to do with the character.

So, a rumor has come out now of what Warner Bros.' schedule for DC Comics films will be. If it gets confirmed at this year's Comic-Con...then wow, just wow.

2016: Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice (May); Shazam! (July); Sandman (December)
2017: Justice League (May); Wonder Woman (July); Green Lantern and the Flash (December)
2018: Man of Steel sequel (May)

...You guys want to pace yourselves, maybe?

They want to do Justice League AND Wonder Woman in the same summer, followed by what would basically be Brave & the Bold? Jesus, no. Even Marvel stretched out their line-up. Hell, they put everything into the Avengers for 2012 and that paid off big time for them.

And unless things drastically change, I really have no interest in seeing a series of grimdark versions of my favourite superheroes.

Is DC's strategy to saturate the market with superhero movies so that no one will go watch Marvel's films either? Sort of a "I can't beat you so I'm going to take you down with me" type of deal?

Man, some comics companies just want to watch the world burn.

Is DC's strategy to saturate the market with superhero movies so that no one will go watch Marvel's films either? Sort of a "I can't beat you so I'm going to take you down with me" type of deal?

Man, some comics companies just want to watch the world burn.
"If we can't make as much money as you, then NO ONE makes any money!"

Ever notice that Marvel is okay with just introducing a new hero and showing what they can do instead of dragging out an origin story?

I wonder if there being no more Batman movies after v. Batman means that Superman maybe snaps his neck too[DOUBLEPOST=1402671347,1402671256][/DOUBLEPOST]
Ever notice that Marvel is okay with just introducing a new hero and showing what they can do instead of dragging out an origin story?
is this a really dry joke or something, since there was literally a dumb origin story for Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, and Hulk (twice, kinda)

Core characters in their own movies aside obviously. Warriors three Sif war machine falcon hawkeye black widow and most of the villains too are better examples.

Core characters in their own movies aside obviously. Warriors three Sif war machine falcon hawkeye black widow and most of the villains too are better examples.
Yeah, I am not following you.[DOUBLEPOST=1402675177,1402675102][/DOUBLEPOST]

I like origin stories.
I like a good origin story too. I don't like when it gets told over and over unless it has something new to say. I think Man of Steel did this well and Batman Begins did it in a tidy fashion . Iron Man did it well.

Last edited:

GasBandit

Staff member
Didn't most of the spider man villains have their origin stories right there in the same movie they were defeated in? Granted, red skull didn't exactly have an origin story, but winter soldier sure did. Likewise did Loki, all the Iron man villains, Dr Doom, Magneto twice, and how much origin do you need to know about General Ross other than he's a General? Black Widow's origin being shrouded is intentional, I think.[DOUBLEPOST=1402675516,1402675365][/DOUBLEPOST]

I like origin stories.