The Cover for My Next Book

So I've just heard from my publisher that they're thinking a March (ish) release for THE DAME WAS A TAD POLISH. Oh yeah, I'm stoked.

Unlike last time, I'm not using the artist I used for the first book. He drew Dill a little...too much like a pig, which I think confused people. Also, I want to create less headaches for Pro Se and let them use someone in-house. However, this means that I don't have a cover all set and ready. They asked me what I had in mind.

Off the top of my head, I have two ideas. Both are inspired by covers that I love.

1) A parody of Mickey Spillane's THE KILLING MAN:

Naturally, Dill replaces Mike Hammer. The lady in red is replaced by the mutant frog, Lily, that Dill is hired to protect in this adventure.

2) There's a scene early in the book that involves some major...well...traffic problems. I don't want to give away too much. But Lily would be behind the wheel and Dill is popping out through the sunroof, Daymaker at the ready.

This one is inspired by a cover I've always loved: Truckin' Turltes, a Ninja Turtles role-playing book by Palladium Books.

Spoilered for size.

If it could be drawn in a similar art style, I think it'd turn out amazing.

But yeah, I'm torn on one or the other. Dill has very close inspirations with both the Turtles and private eye's like Mickey Spillane. Even if I didn't read Spillane until after my first book was published. I'll be open to other ideas my publisher has, of course.

What do you guys think?

Completely black, with just your name and the title in Gothic script, silver threaded. Gold-leaf intertwed coverlet and paper edge.

What, not an option?
Oh, fine, the first one.

First one.
And I love that Lily is a frog. My daughter Lily was named after a tree frog in the cartoon Toot and Puddle ( Long story short - When I was starting to be noticeably pregnant Noah, who was 3 at the time, told me I had a frog in my belly. Then he started to giggle and said Lily was in my belly. I wanted an L name for her any way and omgcouldthisbeanycuter!! :sohappy: So it stuck.)