The Beer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stone's IPA is solid, though nothing outstanding. Racer 5 IPA is a favorite of mine. I really like Firestone's Double Barrel IPA also, or Ranger IPA (I think this is Fat Tire's). I can't think of other ones off the top of my head, but the only one I can say isn't terribly great is Red Hook's IPA. No bite to it at all.

While I napped after spending time at my mother's place today, I woke up to find my wife had gone out and bought me some Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout.

She is the awesomest.

While I napped after spending time at my mother's place today, I woke up to find my wife had gone out and bought me some Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout.

She is the awesomest.
They have this on tap at two places near here. I have to try really hard not to spend all my money on it.

It's yummy stuff!

Just had the Goose Island Bourbon County Stout on tap. Even better than in the bottles. Just fantastic stuff.

figmentPez

Staff member
Just had beer for the first time in my life tonight. Grabbed some nearly at random while I was at Trader Joes. Ended up with JosephsBrau Vienna style Lager. I have no idea if this is a good beer, but I'm enjoying it a lot. I'm mildly surprised that I'm enjoying beer this much, though I probably would have hated it in my early twenties.

Just had beer for the first time in my life tonight. Grabbed some nearly at random while I was at Trader Joes. Ended up with JosephsBrau Vienna style Lager. I have no idea if this is a good beer, but I'm enjoying it a lot. I'm mildly surprised that I'm enjoying beer this much, though I probably would have hated it in my early twenties.

On the topic of shitty beers, who else is tired of people going on about how great PBR is? Its not! It is a shitty beer that acts like its not a shitty beer!

Fuck yeah. That and Bitburger are my two regular beers.
I thought it was because PBR's easy on the wallet and "ironic" to drink.

Ok, got some really good beers today, almost all bombers. I had Samuel Smith's Organic Chocolate Stout earlier, and it was fairly tasty. Sweeter than I expected, more of a milk chocolate beer taste than the usual dark chocolate stouts I've had. Yet to be tried (but still supposedly good) I have Clown Shoes Vampire Slayer Imperial American Stout, Lagunitas Cappuccino Stout, and Hoppin Frog B.O.R.I.S. The Crusher Oatmeal-Imperial Stout. Looking forward to these over the next few weeks!

Samuel Smith makes some good stuff. It's a bit pricey and generally only comes in a big bottle or a 4-pack, though. I really like Young's Double Chocolate Stout. Sucks that it comes in a can, but if you empty it into a pint glass it's a smooth heaven.

Samuel Smith makes some good stuff. It's a bit pricey and generally only comes in a big bottle or a 4-pack, though. I really like Young's Double Chocolate Stout. Sucks that it comes in a can, but if you empty it into a pint glass it's a smooth heaven.
I actually found Young's in bottles a few times. Cans really are awful and leave a tinny taste to the beer, which is a shame.

I don't notice the tinny flavor with Young's, likely because it's thick enough to have it's own gravitational pull.
You think that's thick, stay away from the whiskey aged stuff.

Drinking the Hoppin Frog B.O.R.I.S. The Crusher Oatmeal-Imperial Stout. YUM! Nice to find another Oatmeal Stout I can enjoy!

Well Roger Wilco was out of Bitburger, that kinda sucks. Had to settle for Rolling Rock. At least its in a glass bottle so its at least palatable.

I think I've mentioned it before, but if you're in the market for a good, refreshing whitebeer, You'll want to try some of this:
Wittekerke.JPG

Orange slice is optional, but not at all out of place.

--Patrick

figmentPez

Staff member
Couple things. First, I tried an oatmeal stout from Trader Joes, and it was really good.

Second, and this may signify that I have absolutely no taste, but on a whim I decided to try mixing coconut water and the lager I've got. It's a really good mix. At least I think so.

Sam Adams winter ale sucks major D.

Dogfish Heads' Indian Brown Ale is a pretty good brew though. If you like your beer dark and a little sweet.

Sam Adams winter ale sucks major D.

Dogfish Heads' Indian Brown Ale is a pretty good brew though. If you like your beer dark and a little sweet.
Which is sad since their cream stout was FANTASTIC. They should just discontinue everything else and make the Cream Stout every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.