The Awesome Videos Thread (with Extra Sauce!)

YES! They made my suggestion! (Even though they put SOMEONE ELSE'S post of it at the end instead of mine, who nicepeter actually answered and got the idea from! :()

D is Dr. No, not Die Another Day. (The hat is the giveaway.)
X is X-Men
Ah, thank you. Honestly, Die Another Day is the only James Bond movie I've seen even part of, so it was the only "D" one I could think of. Gun to my head, I couldn't name more than 5 of those movies.
Are you sure X is X-Men? It just seems like obscure imagery for that movie, apart from the opening 5minutes there's no WW2 stuff in there.

My Google-fu tells me Z is Zodiac.

As for X-Men, it probably specifically refers to X-Men: First Class, in which the coin plays an important role.

My Google-fu tells me Z is Zodiac.

As for X-Men, it probably specifically refers to X-Men: First Class, in which the coin plays an important role.
I see. Haven't seen either of those.
Of the 26 (25 I guess, since one isn't actually out yet), I've only seen 15.

Guessed 23 (mostly by letter and reputation and one extremely lucky wild guess) of which I have seen only 13. Figured out the last three after pounding my forehead a little. Surprised myself a little since I'm notoriously known at work as that guy who hasn't seen any of the movies everyone else has seen.

Also, how did this guy stay unknown for so long?

Here's the link to his YouTube channel, in case you want to see more videos of his multi-year saga to dig out his entire basement using RC toys.

--Patrick

figmentPez

Staff member
Couldn't decide if I wanted to post this to the LEGO appreciation thread or here, but its awesome won out.

LEGO Friends - LEGO & Gender Parts 1 & 2

GasBandit

Staff member
What if lego took out the human ladyfigs from the "friends" set and put in ponies instead? Suddenly a stampede of (eeuugghh) "Bronies" would be playing like mad with the "pink and purple" legos, and she'd have to rethink a few assertions.

Besides, everybody loves to blow stuff up. Though I never realized there were so many dreamworks smirks on the faces of Lego figures nowadays.
Added at: 23:17
!

What makes legos so strictly male? Most sets my friends and I had were never really all that He-Man woman hating. My favorite set I ever had was a jumbo jet that's pieces were uh-mazing for turning into a giant robot.

I'll actually watch the videos now.

Whoa, yeah, Legos are different than when I was a boy.

The problem with her suggestion of going back to Lego roots is that now kids are used to all the pre-designed action sets, and those will be the Lego boxes they want at the toy store.

They've been doing the pre-defined action sets since before I was playing with them. Didn't it started with Lego Space in the mid-80's? I mean... it's all I or anyone younger than me has known.

The problem with her suggestion of going back to Lego roots is that now kids are used to all the pre-designed action sets, and those will be the Lego boxes they want at the toy store.
Technically you are correct. But once the unimaginative group has been rotated out, the next generation will have their imaginations exercised and magnified tenfold.

--Patrick

They've been doing the pre-defined action sets since before I was playing with them. Didn't it started with Lego Space in the mid-80's? I mean... it's all I or anyone younger than me has known.
Those old school space sets weren't combat oriented though.

figmentPez

Staff member
The few sets I had from my youth, and those friends had, usually had instructions for building multiple things from the same parts. There were more generic pieces, and fewer large specialty parts. For a long time LEGO tried to avoid modern instances of violence in it's sets, and Bionicle marked a huge shift for them in allowing a violent conflict to be the centerpiece of the story.

Technically you are correct. But once the unimaginative group has been rotated out, the next generation will have their imaginations exercised and magnified tenfold.

--Patrick
Possibly. But now you've given me my first Disagree, and so I will destroy you regardless of your correctness.
Added at: 17:52
Oh, here we goooooo!