The Awesome Videos Thread (with Extra Sauce!)

GasBandit

Staff member
I got Kenan and Kel, because orange soda is a meme, and of course Ren and Stimpy because I watched that religiously back in the early 90s (but on sunday morning, not during the SNICK block). The rest, I had no idea.

My "SNICK" line up was Are You Afraid Of The Dark, Roundhouse, and Clarissa Explains it All. I stopped watching shortly after they started shoehorning in "The Adventures of Pete and Pete."

I got Kenan and Kel, because orange soda is a meme, and of course Ren and Stimpy because I watched that religiously back in the early 90s (but on sunday morning, not during the SNICK block). The rest, I had no idea.

My "SNICK" line up was Are You Afraid Of The Dark, Roundhouse, and Clarissa Explains it All. I stopped watching shortly after they started shoehorning in "The Adventures of Pete and Pete."
Man, I loved Pete and Pete.

Pete and Pete was great.

Also, I had a major crush on Melissa Joan Hart

GasBandit

Staff member
Pete and Pete was great.

Also, I had a major crush on Melissa Joan Hart
It always struck me as odd that the Darlings had no problem with Sam just climbing a ladder through their teenaged daughter's window whenever he felt like it. I mean, yeah, eventually Clarissa and Sam realized it was kinda odd and he resolved to start coming through the front door like a regular person, but it could have easily gone the other way if the dating arc hadn't gone the "kissing you feels like kissing my sister" route.

It always struck me as odd that the Darlings had no problem with Sam just climbing a ladder through their teenaged daughter's window whenever he felt like it. I mean, yeah, eventually Clarissa and Sam realized it was kinda odd and he resolved to start coming through the front door like a regular person, but it could have easily gone the other way if the dating arc hadn't gone the "kissing you feels like kissing my sister" route.
They knew Clarissa's brother would always be there to cock block him.

He used to be the head dev of Hearthstone before he left to start his own company (right around the time Mike Morhaime left). He made a couple of Hearthstone raps which made him popular with the young folks. :p
One of them was expansion specific, but here's one about Arthas.

GasBandit

Staff member
He's got a MOVING CAMERA in his AR rig. That's bonkers.

Too impatient to watch the entire thing, does he balance those handles? Looks like they'd be a bit top heavy.
The aluminum tubes are much heavier than the regular hollow plastic oculus controllers. If he chokes up a little, they're probably fine.

But also, having the controllers on the ends of tubes (even short ones) is kinda cheating IMO... your score at cutting the blocks depends on the speed at which your blade passes through said blocks, and the game assumes the controllers are in your hands. Giving them that little bit of extra leverage is like... Beat Saber doping.

He's got a MOVING CAMERA in his AR rig. That's bonkers.

The aluminum tubes are much heavier than the regular hollow plastic oculus controllers. If he chokes up a little, they're probably fine.

But also, having the controllers on the ends of tubes (even short ones) is kinda cheating IMO... your score at cutting the blocks depends on the speed at which your blade passes through said blocks, and the game assumes the controllers are in your hands. Giving them that little bit of extra leverage is like... Beat Saber doping.
I don't know if I agree. Most Beat Saber players actually choke up on the controller and wrap their fingers around the top to get a more stable hold, have the ability to make smaller, more precise movements, and also keep themselves from losing grip on the controller from swinging too fast. I guarantee I would fling those lightsaber grips across the room in no time flat, wrist straps or no wrist straps.

From what I understand scoring isn't based on speed per se, it's angular distance covered and cut evenness.

Dave

Staff member
Snoop Dogg was in a Madden 20 tournament and loss. Since this was being broadcast, they interviewed him. Not sure what they were expecting, but...