The Awesome Videos Thread (with Extra Sauce!)

Never had a problem with going off the board, was always about the fact that I knew I would be doing so in a spectacularly ungain[er]ly fashion.

--Patrick

Presented without comment...
I mean, this seems like a no-brainer. They have pumpkin spice soft serve. They have coffee soft serve. I'm disappointed this isn't widely available already. (Although I find Starbuck's PSL too fake-tasting on its own nowadays, but I bet cooled and mixed with the soft serve base it would be a lot better.)

LI
BRA
RY
TAKE
OUT
badaboombumbipbeebeebeeeebuddaboombingting
LI
BRA
RY
TAKE
OUT

I discovered it's available for listening on Spotify! And iTunes, Tidal, and others. Just search for the artist's name or the title “Library Takeout.”

---Patrick

Last edited:
Ok, so... How do you hyphenate "library"?
Cause I always thought it was li-bra-ry, as @PatrThom does in his post.
But the clip goes li-brar-y every time. Is it them being weird, or is library a word that doesn't follow the rules for some reason?

GasBandit

Staff member
Ok, so... How do you hyphenate "library"?
Cause I always thought it was li-bra-ry, as @PatrThom does in his post.
But the clip goes li-brar-y every time. Is it them being weird, or is library a word that doesn't follow the rules for some reason?
There's no established standard for such things in english of which I am aware. But Pat's way "sounds" more like what they're actually saying, to me.

Sounding it out for myself, I def split it like li-brar-y. But I bet that this is one of those words that people pronounce differently regionally.

I guess it has something to do how hard you pronounce the second "r". But li-bra-ry looks right to me. Hyphenate a single letter looks wasteful.

Liberry! (Or even “lie-bree”)

I wasn’t actually trying to adhere to Strunk & White, here. I broke it where I did because yes a single letter by itself on a line looks dumb. The “official” rules say when ending a line you break words at syllable divisions (Li-brar-y) BUT not if it will leave a single letter hanging at the beginning/end of a line. Song lyrics have a looooong history of absolutely murdering these rules, though. Maybe not in print, but definitely in performance.

—Patrick

Missed an opportunity to do the riff from “Pour Some Sugar On Me” and do it all with one hand.
I laughed when he got to “Hot For Teacher.”

—Patrick

This has apparently been around since August, but I'd never seen it before today.
As reddit puts it, "A librarian at my university[...]released a song to explain the new Library Takeout system, and it goes way harder than it has any right to."

He's not wrong.
A bit of backstory on the recently unmasked composer of the song/video and on how the challenges of running their huge library led to its creation.

There’s something funny to me about being behind the scenes, causing a ruckus without ever being identified
Oh man, I feel you so much on that.

--Patrick