The Awesome Videos Thread (with Extra Sauce!)

Dave

Staff member
I always associate auctioneers with negative things. Coming from a farming community in Iowa the only time you saw an auction was when someone died or the banks took someone's farm away.

I always associate auctioneers with negative things. Coming from a farming community in Iowa the only time you saw an auction was when someone died or the banks took someone's farm away.
Weren't there also livestock auctions? Those were the first kind I ever saw.

--Patrick

Dave

Staff member
Weren't there also livestock auctions? Those were the first kind I ever saw.

--Patrick
The livestock was usually sent by semi to the Omaha Stockyards for processing. Also, since my mom & dad weren't into animal husbandry I would not have seen those anyway. It was the estate or closure auctions that I saw.

Welp, I've thought about doing this for a long while, but here we go. I read aloud my short story on depression, The Never-Ending Battle.

I...really don't know how people will react. This might be a huge mistake and I'll delete it soon because I'll second guess myself. Kinda worried it'll go viral because I could see a lot of people making fun of me for it. On the other hand, it might help a numbe of people, too. Who knows.